Windows 10

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Hey guys.
So The time has come and W10 have been officially release. Any thoughts about it, do you like what it looks like, does it will be pain in the ass for users to get used to it ?
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Well, didn't try them yet, will download them when I get home from work.

What I've heard is that W10 is best windows from MS, like XP v3.0 :-)

Well, it all depends on person and for how long did you use previous version of windows.

I was using xp for 8 years, then I got windows 7, I did need some time to adjust, but I never look back now.

I've also heard that windows 10 is based on the same architecture as windows 7, so everything that worked on W7 should work on W10 too.

The best thing you can do is to test it by yourself.

Everyone can say "I like it", but if you don't like it you don't like it, right.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Will it have problem with old game?

Anyway, im interesting on how integration between windows 10 and xbox one. At least I heard they allow to share something (either play pc game on xbox or stream xbox game to pc)
It could be nice ecosystem of gaming.

Another one is about tablet on pc thingy. This probably not related to windows as a software, but the hardware.
Imagine if you can play any old emulator game that built for pc, anywhere and anytime.
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Haven't used it yet nor looked into it. I'm interested to see what's new though. I'm still on 7 even though I don't mind 8.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Nah.... i'm still using Windows XP SP3 and i'm veeeeery happy :P
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
I don't want to be a buzzkill but there is a reason it's free - you are the product. You sign up to an "always on" auto update which means that microsoft basically controls your computer and all its devices. Not to mention the myriad of subscription schemes MS will likely shove down our throats eventually, like office 365 for example. All that you are currently getting is an "updated" GUI that is more like windows 7 than 8, and the "new girlfriend" 2-3 month buzz. Just let that sink in for a moment. Oh and DX12, which if you remember the adoption of 10 and 11 won't become mainstream for years.

And as a user of all windows since XP (I only use laptop computers and when I buy a new model every few years it comes with the newest version pre-installed) I can tell you that people overreact a lot when it comes to "how sucky" they find a particular version. The majority of people are resistant to change and give stupid opinions due to being misinformed. Who knew?

Basically I'm staying with 8.1 right now. The "free upgrade" option is open for a year so there is no point in rushing in. Let's not forget ALL MS OS suck major balls before at least SP1. Anyone here remember XP pre service packs? What a train wreck that was :lol:
Alkaiser
Balrog
122 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yeah, I'm hesitant to upgrade to 10 for now. I'd rather wait until the dust settles rather than go in and experience a nightmare. I'll give 10 a few days or weeks, which will give me time to backup some files in case the upgrade goes wrong. I will also need to know what programs and games will work in 10.
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
W10 have a nice tool that allow you to go back to previous version of your windows without the need of reinstalling it. So give it a try but as usually it's always recommended to make so backups :D
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I have enough compatibility issues with all the old games I play on Windows 7, don't even get me started on Aero and Admin stuff. I'd honestly rather not screw myself over even more by installing a new OS, even with an option to revert back.
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just tested windows 10 and all I need is working perfectly fine.

Need to test diablo II and that is it. :-)