Make your own Dungeon Crawler!

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
itsmars
Destroyer
7 | 3
Hey, itsmars.

This is my Youtube Channel.

I'm making a video tutorial series on Youtube, on how to make a Dungeon Crawler & I invite you to check it out.

Also, we'll be using Visual Scripting, so there's no need for C++, C#, Javascript, etc.

For the Game Engine, I use Unity & For the framework, I purchased "plyGame" for $32.
(plyGame is what we use to Visually Script, and comes with definitions for simple things, like "Item", "Enemy", "Player", etc.)

Making an entire video game for the cost of $32 & not needing to know how to script or code is pretty wild;
I never knew it could be this easy.

That's why I'm recording these video tutorials - for anyone whose ever been interested but didn't know where to start.

The videos themselves are step by step & beginner friendly.
I don't assume prior knowledge and try to clearly explain everything I'm doing.

I'm only on episode 20, so the game's quite bare-bones at the moment, but here's some pictures:

I'll upload more, later, once I've made some more videos, to further show off what we'll be doing in our game.

As of right now I've recorded 20 videos for the series, and have many, many more on the way.
Here's a list of videos on my Youtube Channel, as well as future episodes:

Recorded Videos:
► Show Spoiler

Future Videos:
► Show Spoiler

If you're interested in making your own game, you should check the videos out & let me know what you think! Thanks for reading.
Edited by itsmars 7 years.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Im unity developer myself and was interested to buy those packages.

Regardless, im gonna start watching this tutorial since it was a dream to make MedianXL in unity.
itsmars
Destroyer
7 | 3
bump!

Anybody else interested in Game Design, or Game Development?

I've spent a lot of time modding games, and always thought it would be cool to one day make my own. Now, with visual scripting, it's possible to make an entire game without writing C#.

The video I recorded just now (episode 20) is about physical damage reduction, and works really well - I'm excited to start getting deeper into the series and re-creating some really cool features & mechanics from popular dungeon crawlers.
soysoy
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
wow its so cool makes me wanna make my own game too .