Football - the ONE true religion.

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
They won the derby as well.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Referee ruined the game tho. I know Arsenal didnt stand a chance, but way to ruin the game, bruv. He shouldnt have given the penalty... it was too easy (even tho there was a penalty). Then the 2nd yellow card was just an excuse to push Bayern forward. It would have been a lot better/entertaining game if the referee didnt interfere.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Wotan wrote: He shouldnt have given the penalty... it was too easy (even tho there was a penalty)

What kind of logic is that ? So maybe referee should give 4 pinalki for Arsenal and make score even so that last game is more interesting ? No.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
:derp: The logic is very good. If that was Arsenal on the other side, the referee probably wouldnt have given the penalty. Cause its one of those penalties that give or not, it will be unnoticeable. Then he found excuse to give red card. Clearly the referee was fishing for excuses.

RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
i did some research, and it clearly stated that the red card is correct, because the way he fouled him never had a chance of actually hitting the ball.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Wotan wrote:Referee ruined the game tho. I know Arsenal didnt stand a chance, but way to ruin the game, bruv. He shouldnt have given the penalty... it was too easy (even tho there was a penalty). Then the 2nd yellow card was just an excuse to push Bayern forward. It would have been a lot better/entertaining game if the referee didnt interfere.

Arsenal didn't stand a chance? Did you see a different game than I? TBH I haven't seen Bayern being pushed back like that in the last few months (!). Arsenal had a pretty good chance and they played really well in the first half! Considering how well they played they would have been able to win 4-0. Even when they had 1 person less on the field they still did better than most other teams with 11 players.

the key situation was indeed the red card that turned the game completely. When it was 1-1 they still were able to fight properly. But after the 1-2 they lost their will to win.

Then he found excuse to give red card. Clearly the referee was fishing for excuses.

This is also wrong. The referee only gave him the yellow card. He didn't search for an excuse to give a red card. It was both of the referee's assistants who told him "wait, you have to give him a red card for this". There was no excuse. He didn't search for a reason to give a red card. He was pointed out that his decision of giving a yellow card was not enough punishment for this special case. And if you know the rules, you'll agree that the decision was the correct one.
In this special case you can't blame the referee for being in favour of one of the 2 teams.

BUT Imo that game didn't feel like a 1-5. Arsenal played better than that and despite me rather being in favour of Bayern, I feel pity for the Arsenal fans, because the players really did a great job and didn't deserve to lose 1-5. Until that red card was given it was really a tense match. If Arsenal would have scored a second time after the break, they had a much better chance on winning. Sadly it turned out the other way.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
wotan always makes me lulz with his conspiracy theories about soccer :lol:
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
@HechtHeftig

Arsenal has no class. They pushed Bayern, a team who was going to counterattack the whole game, cause IDK maybe because they were leading 5-1 on agg.
Bayern needs one situation to turn into goal. Arsenal were on their 4th before they scored.

@rolls
Maybe that was the case, I don't know, but all I know is that game died after that red card. Give the freaking penalty and move on, so Arsenal would still have a chance to salvage a decent performance at home. The red card was excessive in my eyes. Even tho I think Arsenal is the worst team in the CL, they didnt deserve that red card.

Barca - PSG ... I mean when you see Iniesta the pocketman, beat one of your central defenders on a bouncing ball... PSG defense was abysmal.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies