Football - the ONE true religion.

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Knight_Saber wrote:Sorry, but 'football' here in New Zealand means rugby.

I know it should be 'handegg' rather than 'football', but that just doesn't sound right.

I live in Houston, Texas and it's a huge sports city: Fourth largest city in the U.S. The Houston Astros just won the 2017 World Series a few months ago and the Houston Rockets are having a good season in the NBA. And football here means American Football: The Houston Texans in the NFL (although they weren't good this season), or college and high school football is also like a religion here in Texas. The elite competition at the high school level for football in this state is very important.

We also have a professional soccer team that plays in the MLS, the Houston Dynamo. But Rugby is a sport I plan to learn and follow. We have a new pro Rugby team called the Houston SaberCats that play in the new Major League Rugby league. Only seven teams are in the new league. I'm excited to watch all of their games this year. I'm trying to learn the game from scratch, LOL. The rules are foreign to me. If I can learn the basic passing techniques I may be okay. I don't understand the scoring system (cross over line or kick the ball through posts).

But if the thread here is about football, as in soccer, then I can discuss the Houston Dynamo. :D

We have all the sports in this city. I'm very entertained. Hopefully I'll enjoy rugby. Go SaberCats!

By the way, I like to watch Chelsea and Manchester United play on TV.
But my favorite soccer team is the Houston Dynamo: I have to stay loyal.

According to Kia Motors and Adriana Lima, football is football. So It is okay...

Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Dynamo Houston ? LOL. There is one Dinamo. KIEV. Legendary duet Rebrov and Sevcenko. And coach bear Lobanovskij.

DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
They wear orange and white: Houston Dynamo - Light 'em up intro song. LOL

Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
@suchbalance, whats happening with your beloved Arsenal? They really hit the fan this season... you know, them being the shit. :)
Heres a current joke to lighten your mood :)

*BREAKING NEWS.

Alexis Sanchez has had his London flat burnt down.

The police believe it was Arsene!! *

About y'day game Man Utd - Stoke.... Stoke played well, but if they dont fix their defense... they are going down with Swansea and Newcastle.
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Are you guys also following the NFL Playoffs? American Football?
The New England Patriots will probably win the Super Bowl again.

But I'm looking forward to watching the Vikings vs. Eagles game also.
And the Jaguars, I hope they can make it a close game against the Patriots.

I watched my first Rugby match last week. I'll watch soccer soon when the MLS starts.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Actually, I've seen my first super bowl game last saturday when the team with tom brady (it was like tom brady here tom brady there right before the game started. that's why I remember his name) played against some other guys. I gotta say. I have no idea what was going on. The basics... well I kinda understood: Take the handegg 12 yards further and you have 3 tries for that. Meanwhile everyone is smashing into each other while the quaterback chills in the background, looking for someone to run freely and passing the handegg to him. Then even more people are smashing into each other and the one who the handegg was passed to tries to get it as far as he can. Then when that guy passes the line in the back, you get 5 points (touchdown) and even more people smash into each other.

I made some guy explain the rules to me, but even after that it was still confusing af since there were so many additional rules. I'll stay with the true football, which 'muricans call soccer.
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
If I can learn Rugby and enjoy it, surely you can enjoy American Football.
But I'm glad you have watched some of the games and are learning the rules.
I would encourage you to watch this year's Super Bowl in a few more weeks.

My favorite professional soccer team just signed a young International player.

The Houston Dynamo have signed 21-year-old Venezuelan defender Alejandro Fuenmayor on a full transfer from Venezuelan top flight side Carabobo FC, Houston announced Tuesday. The young defender has made 72 appearances and scored two goals across all competitions for Carabobo FC, and in 2016 and 2017 helped them to the top of Venezuela’s Primera Division.

“He is a young center back with experience in South America and he is eager to come to MLS and adapt quickly to the challenges this league presents,” Dynamo head coach Wilmer Cabrera said in a statement. “He is excited, and he knows the responsibility that comes with playing for the Houston Dynamo. We know he is ready for the challenge, and with our tools and our core group we can help him adapt very quickly.”
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23