Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Gekko64 wrote:why would you spec curare with bowzon?

Cause I like damage. Glass cannons aren't fun if you have a lot of hp. Then you're just a cannon. Doesn't sound as cool.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
I'd probably go with curare too. The +5 los means a guy can skip Paragon and use Asgardsreia instead of Ylfa. Asgard has Resurrect which is kinda useful. Add Hanabigami or cryo quiver and make phalanx great again.
TopDimas
Sasquatch
67 | 3
Марко где новый патч? Где ресет? Заебал, играть хочется. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
TopDimas wrote:Марко где новый патч? Где ресет? Заебал, играть хочется. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Soon, probably a matter of a dozen of days more or less. By the way use english next time
TopDimas
Sasquatch
67 | 3
RequiemLux wrote:
TopDimas wrote:Марко где новый патч? Где ресет? Заебал, играть хочется. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Soon, probably a matter of a dozen of days more or less. By the way use english next time

thanks. unexpected that someone will answer.
obelixshaft
Skeleton
2 | 2
Hey. This is my first time posting in these forums.

First of all, huge congratulations to the development team for having made such a wonderful piece of art. Sincerely speaking I didn't have any experience with Diablo 2 and my "initiation ceremony" was with Median XL, and boy... it was baptism by fire, literally speaking. First time I played, about one year ago, I got kind of frustrated because I was just getting rekt constantly - however, something that I love is that this mod (which is pretty much a game by itself) has a community that gave me really useful tools to face the mod's content, that was something I didn't research into the first time I played and I'm really glad I proceeded differently this time around.

Specifically I'd like to give my appreciation to Tkorpi, for making the Iron Spiral Barb guide, which is the character I'm currently using and the first character with which I was able to beat the game (currently finishing Destruction, however I've been able to tackle quite a few ubers and I find the mechanics and the difficulty really awesome) and L H, the guy who made the Ancient Daggermance Guide, thanks to his videos and explanations about the different ubers I'm just having quite a blast with the game.

Basically wanted to say that I'm pretty hyped about the new patch - however I haven't played on online mode nor do I completely understand what you guys mean by ladder and stuff, but that's pretty much because I'm lack the experience. And, if possible I'd like to request for a small guide or something on how to patch the game once the update comes along - specifically for those (like me) who aren't too computer savvy. Sincerely this is the first time I have been able to enjoy Diablo 2 and it's awesome - but I'm kind of scared to lose my characters and progress haha.

Nothing else to say aside from: keep being awesome guys this mod is brutal af. Thank you.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
obelixshaft wrote:Hey. This is my first time posting in these forums.

Welcome to the forum

obelixshaft wrote:Basically wanted to say that I'm pretty hyped about the new patch - however I haven't played on online mode nor do I completely understand what you guys mean by ladder and stuff, but that's pretty much because I'm lack the experience.

A ladder is some sort of competition where everybody start from 0 and try to reach a particular goal: for some could be to reach lvl. 125, for other obtaining certain items to play a specific build, or for the majority simply to enjoy the game.
Players in a ladder get ranked on a specific chart and in Median's case ( https://tsw.median-xl.com/ladder ) they're ranked based on the experience collected through the game.
A ladder could also be characterized by a specific theme like additional challenges for the community to overcome or special tasks to complete...

obelixshaft wrote:And, if possible I'd like to request for a small guide or something on how to patch the game once the update comes along - specifically for those (like me) who aren't too computer savvy

How to patch the game depends by what configuration you're using to play, like for example using additional tools as D2SEE and such.
If you're not using anything of the sort patching became quite simple: overwrite the old mod files with the new ones.
If you use the Official Launcher ( https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4150 ) it becomes even easier.

obelixshaft wrote:Sincerely this is the first time I have been able to enjoy Diablo 2 and it's awesome - but I'm kind of scared to lose my characters and progress haha.

You'll lose nothing. If you play online all your previous characters will be moved to non-ladder section, if you play single player nothing will change for you.
obelixshaft
Skeleton
2 | 2
Awesome dude. Thanks for clarifying those points so quickly.

I'm using D2SE right now, couldn't start the game with the launcher. I'll check that link. Just for the record, the character data is saved on %appdata% or in /MyDocuments by default? If that isn't changing I'll assume I shouldn't have issues by trying to get a fresh Diablo 2 Install to play with the newest patch.

PD: My grammar sucked ass in my first post ever. #sad
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think if you want to run d2se, you also need to run plugy for it to work without a weird crash error.

you can go edit your first post if you're worried about the grammar.
neocrescent
Cog
225 | 3
do we still have to use d2se in the next patch? i wish we could just swap the mpq's like in the old patches, install the latest plugy and play...