Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
This has to be one of the most loved patch in Median's history. Great job, well done!
P.S.
suchbalance style for the notes is pretty nice
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HechtHeftig wrote:You listened to my arguments that necro minions have too little damage compared to minions from other characters. Now you only could satisfy me further by replacing Veil King :D

Veil king will never be replaced :D It's a really original and clever mechanic, strong summon. How many games have something like Veil King? Having VK die while playing hardcore with teammates is one of the "oh shit" moments you never forget :D Honestly how fun it is overall and different to everything else makes it an amazing skill. But it's actually a decent skill too - and rewards you for using it properly (i.e. resummoning him when low on hp).
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hmm...looks like some really nice changes. New areas/reworked Uber mechanics seem interesting (have a sneaking suspicion there's something nefarious about Nephalem's Sacrifice, though). Not sure yet how to feel about having to kill Superunique sub-bosses to access so many areas, but keeping an open mind.

Also...
> Khany: Stormblast oskill replaced with lightning damage
y u do dis...? :sadface:
ekkudapoxui
Eternal Ghost
2701 | 32
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Solfege wrote:Also...
> Khany: Stormblast oskill replaced with lightning damage
y u do dis...? :sadface:

Same reaction :(
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Marco wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:You listened to my arguments that necro minions have too little damage compared to minions from other characters. Now you only could satisfy me further by replacing Veil King :D

Veil king will never be replaced :D It's a really original and clever mechanic, strong summon. How many games have something like Veil King? Having VK die while playing hardcore with teammates is one of the "oh shit" moments you never forget :D Honestly how fun it is overall and different to everything else makes it an amazing skill. But it's actually a decent skill too - and rewards you for using it properly (i.e. resummoning him when low on hp).

Yeah, it is a strong summon. It can 1shot anything. But the problems just outweight it's potential use. It has multiple problems starting from the survivavbility (when VA is already nearly invulnerable, VK dies before you can even start to notice even though both summons have about the same amount of hitpoints. Why? Because VA's attack range is higher + it can hide behind other minions, and since it moves so slowly, it'll always reach the enemies last while VK just runs in like a retard and gets hit with everything.) in combination with the nature of MXL's one-shot mechanics to the fact that VK's dead reanimate is a thousand times stronger and can kill your own VK 1 hit again --> Now you face 2 enemy VK oneshotting everything.

Tbh, VK is just a troll skill like phasebomb: It completely focuses on killing your own teammates and is basically a wasted skill point for people who don't want to troll :D

And maybe, just maybe, there's a reason why that kind of mechanic is found nowhere else. Being unique doesn't also means it's good.

Oh shit moments are fine. But they shouldln't be caused by your own skills :D

But whatever, I'm so hyped atm that I won't argue much about that topic :D I wanna see the new changes in action :D
Edited by HechtHeftig 6 years.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
VK used to be fine back when it didnt get super duper op after death. you still had to be careful and resummon quickly if he died, now it's just: VK dies -> save&exit

it always seemed like VK was intended to be used with rathma's chosen, and since RC is gone hopefully next patch VK will get reworked
Norolia42
Prowler
16 | 2
Hey, maybe I'll finally have the time/focus to experience some of the endgame this season.
T minus 19 hours, wooooot
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
> RATHMA SQUARE: the charm is now a guaranteed drop

Boom there goes 30% of the endgame grind. Looks like the end of ladder will be one week earlier from now on.

>KHALIMGRAD: increased charm drop chance to 1/6, removed Lantern Archons.

Thanks Santa!

> THE TRIUNE: bats spawned by the Messenger will now be targeted by auto-aiming skills

Interesting. Thanks again.

Yshari changes are nice too.

> HADES GATE: area of effect has been increased by 30%

A weird way to write "removed CD"

> HELLFIRE PLATE: Teleport now triggers on striking instead of when you take damage

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE
Caleb
Rust Claw
86 | 3
Make assassins great again !
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies