Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
thunderman wrote:Hard to tell, but other changes suggest this patch should be harder, for those who complained game was too easy it feels like a good change.
to me it looks it as an easier patch now that some of the ubers got adjusted and some elites have been tooned down quite a lot .
Edited by ChuckNoRis 5 years.
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Sorc is a thing I guess
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChuckNoRis wrote:
thunderman wrote:Hard to tell, but other changes suggest this patch should be harder, for those who complained game was too easy it feels like a good change.
to me it looks it as an easier patch now that some of the ubers got adjusted and some elites have been tooned down quite a lot .

There are some change that makes uber levels harder:

FAUZTINVILLE: Neon Fiend slow reduced from 50% to 15%. Added 40% Physical and Magic resistance on Destruction (20% on Terror)

KABRAXIS:
No longer has self harm tendencies, spawns less skeletons
Balefire travels 50% faster

PS. I wonder if ''balefire travels 50% faster'' applies only for kabraxis or is it skill that has been changed
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Depends if he is using a modified balefire or not.
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
What about new uniques?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
► Many useless details

In total balancing seems pretty ok, but surely not full.. There are still maaaaany things to do :)
Edited by Scalewinged 5 years.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
thunderman wrote:There are some change that makes uber levels harder
Patch notes wrote: ...are no longer poison immune...slow reduced from 50% to 15% ...no longer spams 1hko homing missiles ...Bone nova now displays a warning graphic for 1.6 seconds before the damage explosion, so you know when to gtfo
this looks like things being made easier . @Neon fiends extra resistances - should not be an issue for most of the builds that also pack a solution for physical immunes/ignoring or reducing physical resistances .
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
I see there is some confusion about Rebound. Monsters do not count for line of sight (that's why you can pounce in the middle of a pack and not only at its edge).

What this change means with an example:
- you are in dunc next to a wall and there are 30 monsters in your room and 30 monsters behind the wall
- if you use a rebound with 30 targets now, chances are 15 of your axes will just go into the wall doing nothing and only 15 will hit monsters
- after the patch all those 30 axes will go to enemies in your room only
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
I have some conflicting opinions about some changes but I'm overall content with the general state of affairs, and also very glad for all the good efforts poured in by the dev team. So first of all thank you.
Btw I'm a bit confused about the new uber: I can see the reasons for it being this hard and the issues it may tackles, but it also rises a few questions, at least for me.
I've always thoght that in MXL2017 the filling of the gap between SP and MP (with 120+lvls, runewords and realm-only items) was for the most part intentional, but right now I'm not so sure anymore...
Unless the new uber is divided in 2 distinct types (one for SP and one for MP) I feel like it's a minor step back for v1.3 and not a pleasant incipit for future versions. The reason I say so is obviously because of the different charms, the new "extremely powerful items" exclusive to Realm and the fact that it's "designed for a team of at least two people".
Is this new uber the unkind exception of v1.3 or the first of many? Does it fits conceptually because this 'new' old paradigm has to be introduced in order to make a smoother transition to the more online oriented Sigma?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
suchbalance wrote:I see there is some confusion about Rebound. Monsters do not count for line of sight (that's why you can pounce in the middle of a pack and not only at its edge).

What this change means with an example:
- you are in dunc next to a wall and there are 30 monsters in your room and 30 monsters behind the wall
- if you use a rebound with 30 targets now, chances are 15 of your axes will just go into the wall doing nothing and only 15 will hit monsters
- after the patch all those 30 axes will go to enemies in your room only

How about if there is one room full of monsters, another room next to it, and you aim a wall in opposite direction to that 2nd room, where there is nothing behind that wall. Previously youd get all the mobs trigger axes, and those mobs in 1st room get multihit by huge volley of projectiles, triggered by the mobs behind wall.
It was possible to use it to your advantage, for example in fauztinville, deliberately targeting right parts of the map and clearing in certain order so you have no more targets left in the direction you are coming from.