Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Taem wrote:On the outset, I also agree with you and HechtHeftig regarding debuffs, and always felt they were an intricate part of Diablo 2. In classic D2, when you got cursed with Amplify Damage and/or Iron Maiden on, you didn't just charge into a group like a retard unless you had a death sentence. So, having said that, its seems to me that removing this basic part of the game is like playing this game with a handicap for toddlers... however, it can't be knocked until it's tested. I just feel it removes a lot of diversity in difficulty and decision making (i.e. Risk vs Reward) just to cater to those who have literally never played d2 before, because every d2 player is familiar with curses. I'm taking a guess here, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this has more to do with balancing reanimates than anything.

Well, to be fair there were regular complaints about the Stat debuff and the ranged skill lockout debuff. But about slow? The only slow I really dislike is the one you can't remove by talking to an NPC like Malah, like the slow debuff that Baal uses, because it simply fucks up all your work of getting to the lowest possible animation rate.

As for the reanimates part: I highly doubt that to be straight honest. The reanimates of
Freakshow
Freakshow
Scythe (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 53 to 73
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Required Dexterity: 699
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
+(51 to 70)% to Poison Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(11 to 24) to Pestilence
Maximum Poison Resist +4%
Physical Resist 10%
5% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Requirements +50%
Socketed (6)
for example throw barrels, if I remember correctly, but those don't 1-shot enemies. They also can reduce the 1-shot mechanic of a revived Veil King as they like, so I think if they wanted to balance reanimates, they could just do that without removing those skill from the monsters. This is just a means to get rid of undesired mechanics that can build up frustration/rage of newbies (as we've seen multiple times on the forum).

Just like the act 1 shrooms or daystars in a2 years ago: if enough people complain about it, it will be changed.

EDIT: Now that I think about it... there wasn't a single mention of the removal of the VK mechanic... But technically that's a 1shot mechanic, too, so I can get my hopes up, right? right?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:The way I see things, the devs are trying to streamline the game as a whole so learning how to play isn't so overwhelming for first-time players. At the same time, they're reworking the end-game content to be more about player skill than gearchecks, frustrating instagibs, and esoteric knowledge of game mechanics. Definitely curious to see how all this works in practice, and what sort of surprises the devs have come up with.

I have a feeling you're the host of a podcast, simply by the way you write. Very omniscient, analytic, explanative. nice.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
these changes seem very hardcore friendly

was this intentional or is this "just" a positive sideffect of regular changes
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
it was a good read , I wonder if the uber triune will be reworked or will still same
Razvan
Destroyer
7 | 0
Great changes. As always u guys are the best .
One question totally irelevant to the update : why the den area in hell is so huge . For me is a big waste of time to clear den quest and always u missing couple of them cuz of shamans . Never understood why this change happened . Am i missing something ?
King
Balrog
121 | 8
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Maybe they can allow monsters on minimap just for den of evil. I mean its relatively simple with what whilst incorporated on the realm with the npc's revealing the map. I just wish he did more research on anti hack defections than rewriting hardcore as softcode. Sigma will need real anti cheat stuff if it gets as big as they predict.

Anywho great changes!
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
My dong can only get so erect

Those were great changes !
I hope new players will come in and grow the community base :)
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I've re-read this many times since it's been posted. It's seriously the brightest ray of hope MXL has ever had for me. Being stimulated by theorycrafting my own builds (instead of copy/ pasting the strongest WDM build guide every ladder), casters were just straight up not worth it for me.

These changes are bold, brave, and truly what will make MXL great again.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
King wrote:Maybe they can allow monsters on minimap just for den of evil. I mean its relatively simple with what whilst incorporated on the realm with the npc's revealing the map. I just wish he did more research on anti hack defections than rewriting hardcore as softcode. Sigma will need real anti cheat stuff if it gets as big as they predict.

Anywho great changes!

This is actually brilliant for a multitude of reasons.

Add different colored “X”s on the map for different tiers of enemies like red for normal enemies, purple for super unpairs, and gold for Ubers/bosses.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
A. There is a suggestion topic.
B. Think deeper what you are suggesting. Monsters on minimap = ez target from offscreen with skills like avalanche, phalanx and so on. Thank you, but no.