Σ 1.1.0 + 20th Season Announced

Game news and forum updates
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
Crash wrote:
nofurylion wrote:MP just still not interesting no matter what.
Why? Because theres no point of partying when you can just do the job alone.
"Lets go clear fauzt with group of 5". For what? Everybody will just clear different spot simultaneously. No need teamwork to clear the uber.
Unless every char designed to have different purpose then whats the point of MP?
And the xp based ladder doesnt competitive at all. "Look guys, I kill more monsters than you"

the new endgame rift seems challenging, that might be worth considering party play. Would have to wait for more details, but if they're calling it endgame rift, I assume its goign to be extremely hard for solo play to complete the 15 level dungeon as they wrote it

Well, the current uber are challenging and its super fun. But the subject is about playing it on sp or mp.
Yup, lets wait for that new rift.
deathgear420
Skeleton
3 | 0
5 days is too long to wait lol.. im so excited to play
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
deathgear420 wrote:5 days is too long to wait lol.. im so excited to play

Honestly, I‘m more excited about the next game of thrones episode on Monday.
GsusXL
Acid Prince
45 | 2
HechtHeftig wrote:Honestly, I‘m more excited about the next game of thrones episode on Monday.

Everyone is! But thats for 60 minutes only; once a week. :-/
scottanium
Destroyer
7 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Dumb question: is the mf you get from multi player games also reduced or is it just the experience that's changed?
Naabaanit
Tyrannus Discordus
271 | 27
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
*posts update thread* *saltybois start pouring out of the woodwork*

Edit: Sounds like just the exp is affected because of the purpose of cutting down on the need to party up to get quicker exp.
Almighty1337
Sasquatch
66 | 0
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HechtHeftig wrote:I personally think MP is the way to go for median‘a future. I sometimes enjoy playing on my own in SP but sometimes that becomes boring so the next season I play MP. And seeing how sp has been greatly nerfed with /p 8 gone for example, I don‘t see a reason to continue playing in SP anymore aside from not having the occasional annoying people who do nothing, don‘t communicate and do the quests before you can access them without you knowing in your game disrupting the experience. But on the other hand it feels nice to help people, showing them around the mod and just talking trash with some friends/ people online.

Yes I do find it annoying that SP is made more and more unattractive, especially since even online most people play alone on their own anyway. But on the other hand mp is the future because you can‘t make money with a sp game (like EA said a few months ago) and in general people like socializing more than playing alone. One of the big strengths of Diablo 2 were the chat channel system and the friendlist system imho. And I‘m glad that wasn‘t changed.

I understand your points, but EA isn't a good source for quoting, only if you wanna quote very bad business practises, many awesome game made a lot of money this year/last year and are single player only, such as god of war.. seikiro and many more, I think that excuse, especially coming from EA is just corporate bullshit to push lazy game designs, lootbox and p2w.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Almighty1337 wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:I personally think MP is the way to go for median‘a future. I sometimes enjoy playing on my own in SP but sometimes that becomes boring so the next season I play MP. And seeing how sp has been greatly nerfed with /p 8 gone for example, I don‘t see a reason to continue playing in SP anymore aside from not having the occasional annoying people who do nothing, don‘t communicate and do the quests before you can access them without you knowing in your game disrupting the experience. But on the other hand it feels nice to help people, showing them around the mod and just talking trash with some friends/ people online.

Yes I do find it annoying that SP is made more and more unattractive, especially since even online most people play alone on their own anyway. But on the other hand mp is the future because you can‘t make money with a sp game (like EA said a few months ago) and in general people like socializing more than playing alone. One of the big strengths of Diablo 2 were the chat channel system and the friendlist system imho. And I‘m glad that wasn‘t changed.

I understand your points, but EA isn't a good source for quoting, only if you wanna quote very bad business practises, many awesome game made a lot of money this year/last year and are single player only, such as god of war.. seikiro and many more, I think that excuse, especially coming from EA is just corporate bullshit to push lazy game designs, lootbox and p2w.

Well, that quote is bs either way because they said that when they talked about the Star Wars franchise. And now the next SP Star Wars was announced.

Either way. Sp doesn‘t give you as much money. And that is very true, no matter who says that.
2cat
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Still no point to farm end game rarest unique items in this patch
Since u only need tank as fuck to deal with those purtify end game boss
Im_a_ninja
Core Lord
384 | 39