Median XL 2017

Game news and forum updates
Tasidon
Sasquatch
60 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
► Show Spoiler

Should make it add faster run/walk for that 10 min duration, because Im sure that would have been something he really wanted to do again in his last days. Either way I think its awesome to remember him in such a way. RIP man.
Rediska
Cow Ninja
1254 | 19
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Marco, I'm wondering where the character's teleport comes from, if you do not have the charm of the Void?
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Rediska wrote:Marco, I'm wondering where the character's teleport comes from, if you do not have the charm of the Void?

Its marco's tester char ofc, aint nobody got time to raise proper char when 24x7 modding (-:
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Malpheas
Destroyer
7 | 0
Ave Michael, Morituri te salutant.

Sleep well.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Idk what to say about this. Cool tribute but as hechtheftig said its a real life reference, so makes me wonder how it will turn out overall. I approve of it but its inconsistent with what you planned at first
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
It's fine. It's a flavour item in memory of Michael, so i say its perfectly ok to have it in next patch. Besides , Community Set also has real life references , as well as
The Point of No Return
The Point of No Return
Gnarled Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 59 to 62
Required Level: 125
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 130
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
3% Chance to cast level 33 Singularity on Death Blow
+11 to All Skills
+404 Spell Focus
-50% Cast Speed
+20% Damage to Undead
+101% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
Maximum Mana -25%
Elemental Resists -25%
+(50 to 150) Life after each Kill
Requirements +100%
Socketed (4)
flavour text, kinda, if you put 2 and 2 together. What's one more?
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
void wrote:Idk what to say about this. Cool tribute but as hechtheftig said its a real life reference, so makes me wonder how it will turn out overall. I approve of it but its inconsistent with what you planned at first

Well, current real-life references are not only being removed because they are that. There are multiple reasons to it.

Regarding bosses (MNX & Laz) - at this point the development has extended to 4 persons, more if you include documentation and tsw. It just doesn't seem all that fair if you think about it, and the fact that these are of the hardest bosses in the game just looks like e-peen content and doesn't look professional. As far as tribute sets go, it's the same story. There's way too many people that have made small contributions to the mod.

These wings are just a small easter egg that have no impact in the game, and is much more meaningful than any of the previous references. Those were actual game content, which made it worse.
MrFunk
Bone Archer
77 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I think it's wonderful that we can have a tribute to someone who clearly enjoyed the mod. It's nice to think it could have comforted him in his final days. Getting that item will be a nice reminder that we are a great community.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
For what it's worth, we made him aware that he would be tributed with an item before he passed away.

---

On a more happy note, we will announce 2017 release date in the next 1-2 days :)
nikolaipka
Core Lord
380 | 17
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think that you must keep theese references. Laz started this, alot of ppl helped, and now Marco, youre the main reason this mod to exist. I don't see anything wrong. Also the Michael tribute item is something that this man deserve to be in game. In WOW for example, there is achievement named to Leeroy Jenkins, because of something stupid he made, so real-life references are not something wrong or new. You did what you felt you had to do. You are gread person Marco.