Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
sacks wrote:
UncleGrimjerk wrote:Keep your shorts on kids, jeez.

Besides I think the Paladin should be rebalanced.

What ? Ok , also do it for druid + necro + amazon ? See the table of softcode ladder and count how many lv 121 druid + ama + necro . Neft pally just make somebody go to play druid , necro and amazon .

This point is irrelevant every time someone makes it. Werewolf is what you see most of the druids as, especially with the QorXis shield this ladder. Talxis requires 121, otherwise you wouldn't see so many 121 druids. Same for nec with SurXis scythe.
UncleGrimjerk
Monkey King
268 | 31
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
sacks wrote:
UncleGrimjerk wrote:Keep your shorts on kids, jeez.

What ? Ok , also do it for druid + necro + amazon ? See the table of softcode ladder and count how many lv 121 druid + ama + necro . Neft pally just make somebody go to play druid , necro and amazon .

The difference is that all the classes you mentioned all have multiple paths to end game viability. Tha Paladin has two, both on the unholy side of things. Holy tree, as it is, might as not even exist.

The only rebalancing the druid needs is for the traprat to share the love with the other two shifters. It is hogging up the best damage and the best defense and the best life.

Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
UncleGrimjerk wrote:The only rebalancing the druid needs is for the traprat to share the love with the other two shifters. It is hogging up the best damage and the best defense and the best life.

I was always confused about trap rat gaining crushing blow per level, mainly because when you look at a giant treewarden... wouldn't you think his blows are pretty crushing if he's swinging a tree at you..?

Might be too realistic in a fictional game, but that's where I was always confused, especially for how often trap rat hits, that's a ton of crushing blows.

Also to note, trap rats are slow as shit. The hit recovery/block animation, the attack animation (despite the number of quills per attack), and the movement. It's all SUPER slow (though I think the hit recovery/block is okay near later game), even with acid fiends.

Also giving treewarden 50% slow with 1 point feels... bad?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
the holy tree is not as loved by the crowds as the unholy , but that doesn't mean it's not worth it . i like going as holy melee , even if the whole solar flare dependency for incarnation is annoying and pointless imo . it might make sence for going as caster , but why make the already underplayed melee even less enjoyable ?

also , treewarden > traprat . traprats imho are dumb , even if they are easy to play and gear - it's the only reason you see so many of them played on realm , people are lazy and also need fast charms/farm with minimal effort - i don't think he is as loved in SP as he is in MP . you just have to press 1 button , what's so nice about that? you also can't controll the exact target that the quills will hit in a crowded fight . i find the treewardens more enjoyable , even if going for an elemental build or a physical damage build . it gives a better feeling when fighing , when you actualy hit something and it dies , compaired with siting and charging the quils then hoping for the best , not knowing for sure who will they hit .

anyway , i have a feeling that remaking/rebalancing the trees for all characters are already in Marco's plans for the future , at least for Sigma , so i don't see how our impressions about x tree/y build are going to influence his plans . i believe he has already planned what to do to make things better and there's nothing we can do about it by posting suggestions/personal impresions , else you would have seen a huge wall of text from me about that long ago .

my 2 cents
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChuckNoRis wrote:
anyway , i have a feeling that remaking/rebalancing the trees for all characters are already in Marco's plans for the future , at least for Sigma , so i don't see how our impressions about x tree/y build are going to influence his plans . i believe he has already planned what to do to make things better and there's nothing we can do about it by posting suggestions/personal impresions , else you would have seen a huge wall of text from me about that long ago .

my 2 cents

To be honest, I've never agreed with you more on something. No offense.

This is beginning to turn into the suggestions thread (a giant meme, where people can write stuff and think it will make a difference in the game).
UncleGrimjerk
Monkey King
268 | 31
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
LHawk, I hate your hat, no offense.

I know that Marco will continue to ignore my Paladin suggestions--which I have been making now for about the past 4 patches--and that is ok. Nobody will be able to say that Uncle didn't try to get Marco to get over what ever bad experience he had as a child and make the holy Paladin not suck.

Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
UncleGrimjerk wrote:LHawk, I hate your hat, no offense.

I know that Marco will continue to ignore my Paladin suggestions--which I have been making now for about the past 4 patches--and that is ok. Nobody will be able to say that Uncle didn't try to get Marco to get over what ever bad experience he had as a child and make the holy Paladin not suck.

Whole game should be rebalanced, IMO, hopefully sigma will provide that.
jacksj1
Vampiress
36 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just wanted to chime in quickly and say thanks to and encourage all who are working on XL 2017 and Sigma - as well as those who have got us to here both in developing the game and contributing to the community.

Folks all over the world appreciate what you've done and are doing. It's truly a part of gaming history.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
UncleGrimjerk wrote:LHawk, I hate your hat, no offense.

I agree.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
people actually discussing game balance :lol: there is a significant lack of gieb smigna plz marco posts in this thread