Monkey King
268 | 31
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Now I know that I am on old on again off again player going all the way back to the B.M. (Before Marco) days but I don't think that there is a problem with the complexity of content presentation. I think the problem is that new players come on the realm and the friends that brought them--or well meaning strangers--rush them through the game and they end up with no idea how to play or how anything works. I think if that any person of reasonable intelligence follows a natural organic progression through the game then they will prosper. All the information is here, knowledge is power and if someone cannot be bothered to cultivate their knowledge then they do not deserve power. </soap.box.mode>
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
UncleGrimjerk wrote:Now I know that I am on old on again off again player going all the way back to the B.M. (Before Marco) days but I don't think that there is a problem with the complexity of content presentation. I think the problem is that new players come on the realm and the friends that brought them--or well meaning strangers--rush them through the game and they end up with no idea how to play or how anything works. I think if that any person of reasonable intelligence follows a natural organic progression through the game then they will prosper. All the information is here, knowledge is power and if someone cannot be bothered to cultivate their knowledge then they do not deserve power. </soap.box.mode>

Well, when I started I was really happy that there was someone who introduced me to the level challenges, stat challenges, cube recipes and so on. I would have never thought about reading the whole documentation when I started. And I think new players won't do that either. And that's the whole problem median has. It is too much of a hassle to read through all of it despite not even knowing if you really like that mod. For example when I see a wall of text of changes for a mod, I become very annoyed of reading and simply start playing the game, ignoring whether there is important information that I should've read.

I don't know if it's possible, but I would love to add important parts of the docs into the game. For example a few single cube recipes, How all the level challenges work as well as the ennead challenge. You could add those pieces of information (at least the level challenges and the ennead challenge) on the horadric cube for example :D The cube is too important for anyone to simply ignore the information you put onto it.

Anyway, I'm really happy to see progress! I'm curious on how the new changes feel!
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
RequiemLux wrote:Is the doc being worked on during the development process too? cause it would be great to have a reliable source for various info just as the new version hit.

Yeah, docs will be up to date.

UncleGrimjerk wrote:[...]

HechtHeftig wrote:[...]

@Grim: It was like that even before Marco, you're forgetting about D2M. We can't do much about people rushing each other. Maybe in Sigma.

Yeah, that's the idea, we're slowly working towards streamlining things and making it more natural for new players. Eventually new players will need to look at the docs less.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Sir Legar
Bone Archer
71 | 4
Love it, gave my cookie! But i have a question. I don't want to look ungrateful, just asking. Is the reason of releasing MXL 2017 patch instead of Sigma was because Sigma will be completed much later than expected (whist im looking at you) so you guys wanted to fill the gap to keep the mod entertaining or is it just for making a slow transition to Sigma.

Edit: I found my answer in this topic.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Probably both. It'll give the devs more time to iron out the wrinkles in Sigma, as well as give the community a chance to "beta test" some of the new things they plan to implement. At least, that's how I see it, anyway.
ivo1617
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Does the end of heroic shields mean no more bosses you have to kill with Purify, or is that something different?

Thanks for the explanation ShadowDawn.
Edited by ivo1617 7 years.
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
ivo1617 wrote:Does the end of heroic shields mean no more bosses you have to kill with Purify, or is that something different?

Heroic shield is the mechanic that bosses with randomly dropping resists has. Such as BPR, Belial and Baal.
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ShadowDawn wrote:
ivo1617 wrote:Does the end of heroic shields mean no more bosses you have to kill with Purify, or is that something different?

Heroic shield is the mechanic that bosses with randomly dropping resists has. Such as BPR, Belial and Baal.

which means Bane and mythal will be removed from the game or ultra nerf ^^
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Mythal is a bit wonky to use as it is, at least for me. It will only be an improvement to me if it ever gets removed.

I like Bane though.
Alkaiser
Balrog
122 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Might be time to get back into MXL :D