Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
it would be nice if the docs/online skillpoint planner(especially this) / item bb code (if any modiffications will ocure for the items) will be updated in the same day of this new patch release .
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
We'll reduce the time spent cubing even more by making the mystic orbs more robust and thus, practical. Instead of +2 required level, it will be +4, and the stats will be increased accordingly. This also allows us to use more precise numbers and make orbs more balanced the one to the other.

Item has room for 5 MOs now because only 10 lvls to max req. So after patch item has room for 2 MOs only and 2 lvls go to waste ?
Norolia42
Prowler
16 | 2
There is a fair bit of learning curve involved because there are so many added features and changes from the original game. I felt a bit overwhelmed when I first started and much of that came from the completely reworked skill trees so any kind of streamlining that could be implemented would be great for new players. There's only so much you can do though and in the end I think everyone consults the documentation at various points.
Experience is the best teacher though and much of what I have learned came from playing the game and experimenting.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Anonymous: wrote:
We'll reduce the time spent cubing even more by making the mystic orbs more robust and thus, practical. Instead of +2 required level, it will be +4, and the stats will be increased accordingly. This also allows us to use more precise numbers and make orbs more balanced the one to the other.

Item has room for 5 MOs now because only 10 lvls to max req. So after patch item has room for 2 MOs only and 2 lvls go to waste ?

what? sacred uniques have room for 10x2 orbs now, will be 5x4 after patch, but the stats are boosted.

Norolia42 wrote:There is a fair bit of learning curve involved because there are so many added features and changes from the original game. I felt a bit overwhelmed when I first started and much of that came from the completely reworked skill trees so any kind of streamlining that could be implemented would be great for new players. There's only so much you can do though and in the end I think everyone consults the documentation at various points.
Experience is the best teacher though and much of what I have learned came from playing the game and experimenting.

actually there's a lot that can be done to solve the current spike in learning curve, especially low levels

- shorter skill tooltips. have you seen batstrike? it's just too much. A lot of clutter can be removed.
- lc0, enough said. very unfair across the board. seeing a newbie do LC0 as javazon is just painful
- mystic orbs are not obvious until you have some knowledge on what stats are needed

especially the last point worries me the most. Since patch 2012, it seems you need capped resists by end of act 1. this means a lot of new players will be stuck as early as a2 sewers because they didn't max res. So our goal here would be to introduce honorifics later in the game and balance hatred towards not having maxres.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Marco wrote:especially the last point worries me the most. Since patch 2012, it seems you need capped resists by end of act 1. this means a lot of new players will be stuck as early as a2 sewers because they didn't max res. So our goal here would be to introduce honorifics later in the game and balance hatred towards not having maxres.

My question goes along a little bit with the "Reducing all damage within the game by 8" and this comment as well.

Will there still be the bosses that pierce 200-250 (whatever the numbers are), like QT, Assur, etc? Or will this be adjusted now that heroic shields are gone and there's no need for -199% pierce on the players' ends (thought process being if players dont need enough pierce for heroics, will bosses still have their high pierce amounts as well)? I assume it will continue to balance out the same way through mid-end game, but you're just trying to ease up the earliest stages of hatred because of lower gear options?
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Marco wrote:what? sacred uniques have room for 10x2 orbs now, will be 5x4 after patch, but the stats are boosted.

I am thinking about regular runewords. Unless the stat boost is more than x2...
Bekircanmxl
Prowler
17 | 0
hypə lol i think this changes causes real CHAOS ¿
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
can we get better performance update in this patch?
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
looking forward to more details being released on this new patch