Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ayrill wrote:
L H wrote:
Ayrill wrote:MultiRes disabled?! Thought it will include a supported MultiRes?

i get cancer from that 800x600 Resolution >.>

won't play that mod with that 1999 Resolution...

Higher resolution is part of Sigma. This isn't Sigma release.

That means? Whats the difference between Median XL and Sigma?

i just want to play this new Median XL update with MultiRes at Singleplayer.. :(

First of all: We have Median XL. the current version.
Then there's Median XL 2017, which is the new update.
And some time after mxl 2017 came out there will be another patch called Sigma.

Long story short: Median XL 2017 is what the devs made because they couldn't finish sigma in time as the coding of the new core engine takes longer than anticipated. That's why they decided to copy/paste most changes from sigma to a new patch called Mxl 2017, which uses the old core. This patch is basically a sneaky preview and contains lots of changes that will also be in sigma. But some stuff that needs the new core, like the better resolution can only be brought into the patch once the new core is finished. Also some other things like the unique overhaul will come with sigma.

They did this all in order to give us the possibility to get used to the new balance of the game (for example the removal of heroic shields is 1 big plus) and to give us something to do. Because after 4 months of the ladder, the servers are mostly empty, or at least not as filled as usually. Because yeah it gets boring when you have everything.
evil_potato
Ice Clan
576 | 51
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
to be clear, mxl2017 IS using the new core, just not with all features promised (such as no corpse)
Ayrill
Destroyer
7 | 0
/removed
qweqwe
Core Lord
378 | 5
Am I understanding the changelog correctly though? Are there no immune monsters at all? The highest resistance is 70. Anyone ?
Aero
Nihlathak
6306 | 214
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
qweqwe wrote:Am I understanding the changelog correctly though? Are there no immune monsters at all? The highest resistance is 70. Anyone ?

Monsters still have immunities (necrobots phys immune, etc) as normal. But monsters that don't have immunity to that element have a max of up to 70% resist, depending on which monster.
Zennith
Monkey King
291 | 15
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Changelog: Resistances of regular enemies (includes elites and Uber level regulars):
0 all on Hatred (Immunities unchanged)
0 physical/magical, 15 fire/cold/lightning and 5 poison on Terror (Immunities unchanged)
0 physical/magical, 35 fire/cold/lightning and 20 poison on Destruction (Immunities unchanged)
Resistances of Bosses on Destruction: (15-35)% physical/magical, (50-70)% fire/cold/lightning, (40-Immune)% poison

So, looks like as LH said, Bosses on Destruction will have a maximum of 70% fire/cold/lightning immunity. I assume this includes non-uber bosses such as Andy, Duriel, Mephisto, Diablo, Baal.

I am in love with the 0% Physical/Magical resistance of all non-boss enemies. Super hyped for tomorrow to try stuff out! Woo!
Sphlunky
Skeleton
2 | 0
Super excited, can't contain my glee
Just wondering, as I've only played single player, on multiplayer
Is the only way to play via one of the Median XL servers? Can I not just host and my friend join via port forwarding?
Solfege
Detonator
761 | 107
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Sphlunky wrote:Super excited, can't contain my glee
Is the only way to play via one of the Median XL servers? Can I not just host and my friend join via port forwarding?

You can play TCP/IP, but it'll still be with the SP patch, meaning no realm-only content.
Sphlunky
Skeleton
2 | 0
Solfege wrote:
Sphlunky wrote:Super excited, can't contain my glee

You can play TCP/IP, but it'll still be with the SP patch, meaning no realm-only content.

So all I would be missing is the:
Secret uniques, runewords and sets
Cornerstone of the World can drop with uber skills, oskills and monster skills
as per the end of the patch notes

I'll have to see what my ping is to Germany, as that's my nearest server!

Thanks for the info though
UncleGrimjerk
Monkey King
277 | 29
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Meh.

I applaud all the hard work the team put in, but I don't see anything that would get me to reinstall. Enjoy kids.