MXL Sigma: Screenshot Thread

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Lon
Vampiress
39 | 4
I remember old dbaal when you have no rip mod and reanimates are still alive when you die, Baal will fill the room with shardspawns when you just watch and don't return to town. Same thing still with those flit spamming monster (infernal machine) and the monster in iotss, good thing they're doable unlike old dbaal.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Give Chicken a purpose like Laz did.

After dying lure Chicken to Burial Grounds to make proper funeral with animal sacrifice, then you can back from the dead.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Unda wrote:Give Chicken a purpose like Laz did.

After dying lure Chicken to Burial Grounds to make proper funeral with animal sacrifice, then you can back from the dead.

Hmmm, so if I were to lure a chicken to BR in Median, what would happen?
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
Unda wrote:Give Chicken a purpose like Laz did.

Hmmm, so if I were to lure a chicken to BR in Median, what would happen?

I hope Golden Egg charm with oskill Chicken summon using VK mechanics when dying and turning hostile in Diablo Clone form.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
the 5 second timer with the current level of 1 shots is pretty lame sounding to be honest. Ill withhold full judgement til i actually play it but the way it sounds adding time to deaths on its surface just seems tedious to me without really adding any real benefit. I kind of echo Nitz feelings about this from his earlier post. The whole "you died" loading screen in dark souls is i think the single most annoying thing about that game for me. Life is short and id rather not spend it watching timers click down. 5 seconds is indeed short so im sure id get used to it but you kind of have to question if this really adds anything to the game.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
5 seconds is really short, and it's a good trade-off for the removal of gold and experience penalties. Also don't forget you respawn in town with all your gear (no corpse is created, not even in town like in current version). Even potions in your belt do not drop anymore when you die. And if you're still so upset about it, then I suggest you simply don't die ;)

Anyways, a few screenshots. I got rid of the game's limitations that prevented red portals from traveling to another act. Both source and destination areas had to be in the same act, and this was kind of cockblocking us for various features. This is no longer a problem, for example you can now open the cow level's portal from wherever you want

I've also fixed a client bug with act palettes for levels. First screenshot is before the fix, and the second screenshot is after the fix.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I would prefer to run all the way from WP to the point where I died instead of waiting some artificial timers, seems like good enough punishment for me. I'm pretty sure it won't be hard to implement such function which closes your TP whenever you die, although it will encourage TP holding in multiplayer even more...

Edit: Someone get salty because i missed "Personally" word, oh well.
Edited by SwineFlu 6 years.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
very cool ss whist. looking forward to smegna!

just expressing my opinions dont have to agree with everything to still like the game :D regardless most of the changes look pretty awesome. ALSO POUNCE ON ASSASSIN HYPU!!
someone2knoe
Fallen
1 | 0
I never post here on this forum, but I just wanna say that I check the progress on this mod on a weekly basis and I'm very excited about it. You are working on a lot of the limitations that have held the game back and I'm excited to see where this project goes. Keep up the good work!
brassmuffler
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Amazing! Am I correct in assuming that https://gitlab.com/whist/MXLS/issues is showing that there are just 10 open issues before a beta or 1.0 is released? :O