MXL Sigma: Screenshot Thread

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Sarcinda wrote:
Nitz wrote:
Sarcinda wrote:As a new player, it is incredibly frustrating to see radical changes being implemented not long after I learned the basics. Not sure what the reasoning is for removing TU5 and TU6 is, but hopefully the game will be balanced along with these changes. It's extremely difficult to find appealing low level gear as it is since 90% of the gear in this game seems to be endgame focused. Taking away TU5 and TU6 will only make things even more difficult unless everything else is being changed to balance everything out.

The removal of those will make everything easier, tier 4 is t6 now you won't have to upgrade them as often now as before.

Ahh so the stats are re-scaled accordingly. That makes sense then, but it still seems like a completely arbitrary change for no reason whatsoever. I personally think the 6 tier system is better because it requires a bit of farming for AC's to get what you want. Overall though, I think Sigma could use a healthy dose of low and mid level gear if that isn't already planned. The amount of belts, gloves, boots, and jewelry in this game pre level 100 is kind of sad.

Well the reason for that change is exactly that: to reduce the time you need to farm until you‘re fully geared.

As for low level gear: many uniques are re-worked just like the 5 items displayed. Hopefully that means that we will receive more viable options than: Jitan for wdm builds, Tu ancient armor for caster builds and so on.
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
No one likes to farm ac to go through 6 tiers of the exact same item.. 4 tiers is much better, but I agree that median could use some more low level items.

What I personally would like to see is a replacement of all the troll/joke useless items like "tldr" belt, idiot ball etc. They are really not creative and should be replaced by actual useful items :D
Sarcinda
Cultist
20 | 1
Aspirine101 wrote:No one likes to farm ac to go through 6 tiers of the exact same item.. 4 tiers is much better, but I agree that median could use some more low level items.

What I personally would like to see is a replacement of all the troll/joke useless items like "tldr" belt, idiot ball etc. They are really not creative and should be replaced by actual useful items :D

I understand people not liking farming, but it's a slippery slope to getting rid of the whole tier system in my opinion, which is one of the things I actually applaud Median on. I mean why not 3 tiers instead of 4? When I say it's an arbitrary change, I mean it serves no real purpose. It takes a whole 5 minutes to farm the few crystals it takes to go from T4 to T6. This just sets precedent for people complaining about low drop rates on items by claiming "they don't like farming".

I agree though. The troll/joke items are not funny, and they are kind of irritating when nothing is available for low levels. If it's possible to place more emphasis on low level items, it might keep some of these new players around longer. I personally know a few people who quit playing this mod simply because they started it up, had no idea what they were doing, were not impressed by any of the low level items, and simply quit because they don't realize that this mod is 99% endgame focused.

The biggest thing that kept me around is reading through all the documentation and seeing all the items and stuff you can actually do later on. However, a lot of people are not going to put forth that effort. In order to grow this community you are going to have to make a solid effort at meeting those people halfway, because right now this mod feels like a secluded clique of folks who are all doing endgame stuff.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Yeah i agree with that. A couple of weeks ago I finally played cLoD for the first time in a decade again.

What I want to highlight especially is how important the items are already in act 1 normal. Yes, a necro Wand with +2 skeleton mastery and +1 raise skeleton is already god like at that level and can stay that way even until act 3. even then, that item felt already special, especially since such an item could easily bring you lots of money, if you didn‘t need it in the end.

And I think this is somewhat lacking. In median, all I‘m going for in act1-5 are either the same old 5 uniques the 3 important early game rw‘s or rares that grant resist. Everything else is nearly garbage. If a rare doesn‘t give you resist, why even use it? Normal items that aren‘t used for rw‘s and magic items are downright so bad, that I don‘t even pick them up, even if they would give me more armor.

And with honorifics gone until act 5, the itemization just became worse in the first difficulty.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Truth be told, there is plenty of classes/builds, that can play in to terror virtually naked. Would it feel more rewarding if there wee good drops in early difficulty, sure. But it would require a difficulty change in early game as well, as most chars roll through hatred with no real issues even with crappy gear.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Anonymous: wrote:RIP Jitan :drama:

Looks like Steel golem is back on the menu bois
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
my money would go on the new TU War cloak to use instead of Jitan's , even if the base defense is crapy , at least for the builds that do not seek for much defense (bowzon for example) , but it is still early to judge as we did not see the other options available .

what looks certain is that Jitan's will be history indeed
Sarcinda
Cultist
20 | 1
HechtHeftig wrote:And with honorifics gone until act 5, the itemization just became worse in the first difficulty.

Oh god...they're removing honorifics too? But that's like the only thing a low level can wear in the gloves and boots slot. Ugh the itemization is great late game, but there is literally zero attention paid to early game and the new player experience. I also wish they would post all the changes that are coming with Sigma. I don't like having to hunt them down in threads like this. A post on the front page detailing what will be changing with Sigmas release would go a long way. That's the first thing a player like me is going to look for when joining this community, and with almost half a million views on the trailer, you all really need to be prepared if you want to capitalize on the ability to retain some of these people.

P.S. I wonder how the servers are going to hold up after Sigmas launch. There is a lot of hype on the trailer. Just hope the servers can handle a huge influx of players.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Sarcinda wrote:Oh god...they're removing honorifics too?
No, but you can only make them after you reach a5(Shenk). It's been like that for a while now, nothing new.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
about the " honorifics gone until act 5 " he ment that you now can only get them since act 5 . a few patches ago you could create them since act 1 if you had enough gold to buy the cube reagents necessary to create them (the MO's were not expensive at that time , to compensate for the high priced reagents)