MXL Sigma: Screenshot Thread

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
A few new things to start up the new screenshot thread.

First of all, persistent health bars (can be toggled on or off in config for everyone's convenience). The size/placement isn't final.

And then we have boss fight health bars, which are displayed when in-range of the boss (approximately two screens)

A little preview of the bounty task system

The bounty task system has three tiers, bronze, silver and gold. Bronze being the easiest and gold being the hardest. Every time you create a game, the server generates one task for each tier randomly. So far there are three types of tasks: Kill specific boss, clear specific area, and kill specified amount of monsters in specified area. The areas and targets for said tasks are generated randomly (from a predefined range list on the server). These tasks are generated in destruction difficulty.

Completion of the task grants you with a reward, which is in most cases exp (this is to help the leveling process from 120 to 150). Gold tier tasks also grant you with an additional reward, such as a random cycle in the provided example. (this may not be an actual reward, just something I came up for an example). The experience rewards are a percentage of the required exp for you to level-up to the next level, making it a very powerful reward for the leveling process after 120 (since the required exp for level-ups are getting very high at this point, level 150 being around 4,000,000,000 exp)

The game also saves how many tasks you have completed in every tiers. In the future we might even have a ladder for tasks completion in every tiers, although this is not guaranteed. (although the completion count will at least be displayed in-game for sure)
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
One deserved cookie for you.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!
thats all i can say and thats all is needed to be said.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
pretty cool shit. Just a note though, but I hope invisible monsters do not show the HP bar, that would be rather dumb (neither should dummy/untargetable monsters - maybe setting in ms.txt).
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Marco wrote:pretty cool shit. Just a note though, but I hope invisible monsters do not show the HP bar, that would be rather dumb (neither should dummy/untargetable monsters - maybe setting in ms.txt).

Of course not, that's all softcoded and controllable for any monster you want. NPC have a bar on the screenshot because I haven't bothered setting up everything. Even town chickens have a bar :lol: I could also customize it further, making the bar display only within a certain range, or only when the monster has been damaged, etc.
Inertia
Abomination
141 | 72
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
Amazing work! Will give all the cookies when I can.

(can be toggled on or off in config for everyone's convenience)

Is the config just a file or is it accessed in the in-game menus or both?
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Inertia wrote:Amazing work! Will give all the cookies when I can.

(can be toggled on or off in config for everyone's convenience)

Is the config just a file or is it accessed in the in-game menus or both?

Technically both. This is a file, but it's saved and read into a binary format (my own format, which is saved into a .d2c file). I prefer this to using register keys like Blizzard did. And saving config in the d2s wasn't an option either. The config is modified via a menu GUI in-game. Also, if the file is deleted for a reason or another, the game takes care of generating a new (default) one.

The config will allow you to control your experience quite a lot. To start off, all the launch settings are set in there (video mode, windowed, etc). Then you have all kind of toggles, be it toggling various notifications stuff, or just toggling optional GUI features, such as the persistent bars for example. There's also a setting page for drop filtering (with quite a lot of options, allowing you to focus on items that matter to you). You also get to select your theme (although only one theme is implemented, but multi-theming is functional. All we need is users who will create themes in the future :) )
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Here, more cookies for you. :-)
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Seeing these feature screenshots actually utilise the sigma UI and median mpq makes them so much better. Great work.
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
This looks insane. Good job, whist.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.