MXL Sigma: Screenshot Thread

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Was thinking the exact same thing as ShadowDawn regarding the HUD. I personally prefer a more minimalistic look without the extra Gothic framing flair.

shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
new hud looks dope

edit: only question why even have a stamina bar? is that actually going to be a relevant thing in sigma?
Edited by shnurr214 6 years.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
I agree with ShadowDawn and Solfege... The Gothic design might be a bit much, and the buttons are good, but not perfect (looks a bit busy/crowded). I don't know if it's just me, but the stamina orb seems out of place too... I sorta liked the bar better, or if it could somehow fit into one of the existing health/mana orbs that might work too. I know, I know, a lot of work went into that though, and I'm not saying it's bad (I like the overall theme and less-obtrusive mini-panel), but I think it could be tweaked maybe. Amazing work so far MXL team! You continue to impress/excite :clap:

Edit: Yay! My first neg!? :scratch:
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
HechtHeftig wrote:
whist wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:could be the switch attacks (old "w" )

It was, but I already changed it back to I / II buttons on top of weapon slot like it was in vanilla

Is it possible to still use w?

Yes.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Alright so I've gathered everyone's suggestions both here on the forums and on discord, and I implemented them all :mrgreen: :flip: (-:

---

So yeah, things got a little bit out of hands here I think. I did read and visualize everyone's suggestion and, truth is, all of them works fine. Reason for this is because where the buttons are located really isn't that critical lol. There's literally a dozen ways things could have been placed and it would still be fine. Now my sarcastic image above was to demonstrate I can't possibly please everyone's preferences, and let's be honest here, once you actually play the game you really won't notice that much, it's just buttons, as long as it looks good and that you can conveniently click them, right? Not to mention most people use hotkeys anyways :lol:

That being said, I'm going with inertia's original design, which I think looks really good and works all well.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
whist always a fan of your work is stamina going to be a relevant stat though in sigma? it looks cool but seems odd to give it any real visual hierarchy on the bar. As always nice stuff and i love the troll image my man!
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Median XL Team Member
shnurr214 wrote:whist always a fan of your work is stamina going to be a relevant stat though in sigma? it looks cool but seems odd to give it any real visual hierarchy on the bar. As always nice stuff and i love the troll image my man!

We'll see. I know there has been some discussion about stamina in our dev chat. Making it less irrelevant in endgame, perhaps using it as a resource for some skills, that's the kind of things that came up, but right now it's all vague ideas, at this very moment we do not have any precise plans regarding stamina.
Cronk
Cultist
23 | 0
Stamina sounds like a great thing to look at in 1.1

Looks fine man. Done is better than perfect.
SNinaNina
Destroyer
6 | 0
Is whirlwind considered a dual wielding skill? I saw the screenshot with the assassin proccing weapon skills while in whirlwind, so I was wondering if that means then we've overcome the barrier of offhand procs not working, or am I just missing something?
OnlyForFun
Cog
203 | 18
Movement skills require stamina? :clap: