World Event 2.0

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
The world event, uber diablo, diablo clone, call it as you wish, today I've been working on a brand new remake of this event. I've entirely replaced PVPGN's world event code as theirs was to start off, full of bugs, and was also vulnerable to a few exploits. Let me present you, the world event 2.0. Screenshots will come into the screenshot thread soon.

How it is activated

First of all it no longer activates as soon as you sell the key item. That didn't really make sense and also often led to people triggering the event when they didn't even want to. The event now has 5% chance to activate on the whole server when a player sells any unique ring (this is per game servers).

Where

The event boss will no longer spawn in place of the first superunique you encounter as this led to various exploits (chaos seal exploit for example), along with making it quite annoying some times. (Say you don't want to participate into the event while it's activated on your game server and don't want to leave your game). Now, when the event is activated, the Tristram portal in stony field gets replaced with a portal to a custom level, where the event will take place.

The reward

Well, to start off the reward will now actually drop, lol. And I've also added a twist to it. Only the first player to kill the boss on the server will receive the reward (it isn't dropped but rather spawned directly into his inventory). So the event now also is a race for the reward as only the first player to kill the boss in any game of the game server that has the event activated will receive the reward. This should make the reward more valuable and also add some competition aspect to the event. (after all global events like these should be competitive I think)

I also plan to code some more custom global events like this one later, but for now only the original world event will be coded in.
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
:clap:
Sir Legar
Bone Archer
71 | 4
This system will be great after you add some more events. Lots of ideas going through my mind right now :) Maybe some of the events might start at certain times (According to ingame time or rl) etc and making boss drops more rewarding, so on.. This way a lot more people play on servers regularly to join events.

whist wrote:(it isn't dropped but rather spawned directly into his inventory)

I hope if players inventory is full, it just drops on ground? :D Also announcement image looks too big, adding close button would be great instead of waiting for 10 seconds. It will cover some space on ui.

PS: Too much hype, cant handle.
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
whist wrote:it isn't dropped but rather spawned directly into his inventory

What happens if the inventory is full? If the answer is "just nothing", will the second player who killed the boss be able to collect the reward if the first didn't spawn?
Same question but what if the player who should get the reward already received it? (I'm supposing here that the reward is only collectible once, like a unique charm)
chrismanto
Cultist
24 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is it live now?
Arhowk
Invader
9 | 1
chrismanto wrote:Is it live now?

This is the sigma section...
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Food wrote:
whist wrote:it isn't dropped but rather spawned directly into his inventory

What happens if the inventory is full? If the answer is "just nothing", will the second player who killed the boss be able to collect the reward if the first didn't spawn?
Same question but what if the player who should get the reward already received it? (I'm supposing here that the reward is only collectible once, like a unique charm)

If the inventory is full, the in-inventory placement function drops it on the ground by default. Also if the player already carries the charm, it's also dropped on the ground (one solution to this, if you want to collect them for trade purposes or whatever, is to put your charm in stash/cube)
chrismanto
Cultist
24 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Arhowk wrote:
chrismanto wrote:Is it live now?

This is the sigma section...

ohh yea.. herp derp
ticktick
Sasquatch
64 | 9
If there are multiple people in the game partied together, will they all get it or just whoever lands the killshot?
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Median XL Team Member
ticktick wrote:If there are multiple people in the game partied together, will they all get it or just whoever lands the killshot?

only the player to make the kill gets it.