Raid Quests

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Sounds interesting.

Anyway: There's nothing determined yet, except that some realm event will come so there's no use talking about the bad sides at the moment. I trust you guys enough to make the best of it.
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
As long as they're accessible in singleplayer somehow I'm game, would like to see raid bosses become like a different variety of uberquest/for there to be a way to enhance summoning ubers into raid boss strength with an upgraded book of summoning?

Like DBaal/some end-game uber like Uldyssian dropping a of token that you combine with your book of sommoning to enable raid boss mode would be cool

Other ubers that aren't summoning could be in raid boss mode too, like a souped-up Death Projector or Kabraxis
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Tkorpi wrote:This sounds very fun mechanic! Nice job. Only bad thinf is: Loot rage and drama incoming tho :D

void wrote:sounds like fun on paper but it might lead to afforementioned problems and also if you dont have a suitable char then you cant rly help, ppl might even make dedicated chars for whenever one of these raid quests pops up that they only use for that purpose. that isnt "bad", but it would be kinda lame. but we dont know and even you havent decided on how you are going to implement it completely, so we will see. overall this sounds like great news though :)

The raid charm reward, assuming there will be any, can be added directly to every player's inventory, MXLS' engine can do this kind of stuff. For the drops, I can also limit every players to 2 pickups for example. Also yes, raids will be limited since game rooms are limited, but if you can't make it to the raid before it's full, you'll just have to get on in the next one, that's part of the game.

fkfhnis wrote:I assume single players miss out? FeelsBadMan

fkfhnis wrote:
L H wrote:That's the point. To encourage multiplayer.

Yeah but multiplayer is a worse experience than single player. Unless plugy is added to multiplayer and desync is gone from multiplayer then single player will always be the best experience.

If it drops something raid exclusive like an exclusive charm then it's going to be a ton of drama and bullshit honestly. If it's just a bunch of SU items, or cycles or something not exclusive to just a raid then it's ok.

TBH you sound like the typical guy complaining about MP while you never played MP, but let's assume you're not. In every games where I've seen the raid concept implemented, it was a group thing. A great battle, that required groups of players collaborating together. And that's kinda one of the purposes of this feature, to get people out of their freaking solo passworded games and play together. So no, this will not be implemented in single player, I just don't see how this could possibly fit in single player.

FYI I've played on realms myself and, desynch really doesn't happen as much as you'd think. Funny thing is, desynch and lag occurs in SP too, it's D2 lol. And multi-page stash will very likely be implemented on realms for MXLS, featuring also an account-based shared stash.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
Will we be able to experience these raids this year, or nah?
fkfhnis
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
whist wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:This sounds very fun mechanic! Nice job. Only bad thinf is: Loot rage and drama incoming tho :D

void wrote:sounds like fun on paper but it might lead to afforementioned problems and also if you dont have a suitable char then you cant rly help, ppl might even make dedicated chars for whenever one of these raid quests pops up that they only use for that purpose. that isnt "bad", but it would be kinda lame. but we dont know and even you havent decided on how you are going to implement it completely, so we will see. overall this sounds like great news though :)

The raid charm reward, assuming there will be any, can be added directly to every player's inventory, MXLS' engine can do this kind of stuff. For the drops, I can also limit every players to 2 pickups for example. Also yes, raids will be limited since game rooms are limited, but if you can't make it to the raid before it's full, you'll just have to get on in the next one, that's part of the game.

fkfhnis wrote:I assume single players miss out? FeelsBadMan

fkfhnis wrote:
L H wrote:That's the point. To encourage multiplayer.

Yeah but multiplayer is a worse experience than single player. Unless plugy is added to multiplayer and desync is gone from multiplayer then single player will always be the best experience.

If it drops something raid exclusive like an exclusive charm then it's going to be a ton of drama and bullshit honestly. If it's just a bunch of SU items, or cycles or something not exclusive to just a raid then it's ok.

TBH you sound like the typical guy complaining about MP while you never played MP, but let's assume you're not. In every games where I've seen the raid concept implemented, it was a group thing. A great battle, that required groups of players collaborating together. And that's kinda one of the purposes of this feature, to get people out of their freaking solo passworded games and play together. So no, this will not be implemented in single player, I just don't see how this could possibly fit in single player.

FYI I've played on realms myself and, desynch really doesn't happen as much as you'd think. Funny thing is, desynch and lag occurs in SP too, it's D2 lol. And multi-page stash will very likely be implemented on realms for MXLS, featuring also an account-based shared stash.

Desync doesn't happen as much as I think? Go do ureh 10 times and tell me how many of those 10 games you desynced in. You won't though because you clearly have better things to do. Some people like playing alone at their own pace and self found with absolutely 0 help. Now they can't do all the content possible because something's realm only. How does that make them feel? There are completionists out there who want to do everything. Some of those may be single player people.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
This is a not a sp vs mp thread.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Desync isn't the problem with making features of Sigma multiplayer-only, the problem is that in the long term if the servers go belly up due to unforseen circumstances (like server costs being hard to maintain on a donations-based system, namely) you lose swaths of game content

I've said it before and said it again -- if Sigma was purchasable, which it never will be, I wouldn't be so worried about this

But I digress and recognize that it's only semi-on topic.

whist wrote:And that's kinda one of the purposes of this feature, to get people out of their freaking solo passworded games and play together.

What's the problem with playing on realms solo? Some people want to have access to the realm only content or be able to trade with other players if they so desire.

(Also a little dumb imo for you to go "well I'VE played on realms and //I// don't get desync so you're an idiot it's not a real problem" when Median's fans are international...)
Potatoes
Invader
9 | 1
I really hope that it will have in SP :)
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So what if you miss few items or bosses on sp... Sigma is huge upgrade and you propably won't even notice their absence for a looong time.

I have never played any MMORPGS so these raids would be a new thing for me. Sounds like cool feature but tbh I kinda hate to play with a team of more than three players... if there is 8 or more everything just gets too messy for my taste especially in a sprite heavy game like Median.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ureh desyncs for reasons not associated with server lag.