Bounty Tasks

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
As it's already been stated and shown here and there, the maximum level in Sigma is getting raised up to 150, with levels from 121 to 150 requiring high experience amounts (level 150 requires 4,100,000,000 experience points). With that, a new bounty task system was implemented, system which is meant to help with the leveling from level 121 to 150.

What are bounty tasks

Every time you create a game, three bounty tasks are created randomly. In fact they are not truly randomly generated, but the game selects randomly from a table of possible task records created by the modder. There are three tiers of tasks: Bronze, Silver & Gold. So one task for every tier is created on game creation. The created tasks can consist of three different sub-types: Kill specific boss, Clear specific area & kill specified amount of monsters in specified area. More sub-types might be added later, but that's what we have for now. Higher tier tasks, quite obviously, are harder than their lower tiers. The bounty tasks are only available in destruction difficulty (they will not be generated in other difficulties)

So, for example you could create a new game and get the following three tasks:

Bronze Tier Task
task: Kill The Butcher

Silver Tier Task
task: Kill Bartuc

Gold Tier Task
task: Kill Brother Laz

What do I get from completing these tasks

Experience. Although completing these quests will not reward you with a static amount of experience, but rather a static percentage of the experience required to get to the next level, independently of how much exp you have gained in the current level, but rather a percentage of the total exp required for next level-up. Example, your current level required 100 exp, next level requires 200 exp, you have 150 exp. A 5% exp reward would give you 5 exp and not 2.5 exp. The current setup is:

Bronze tier: 5% exp
Silver tier: 10% exp
Gold tier: 15% exp

In order to get up to level 150, you will need to complete approximately either, 600 bronze tier tasks, 300 silver tier tasks or 200 gold tier tasks. Additionally gold tier tasks can grant additional rewards other than experience. These rewards will vary from a task to another and haven't been determined yet, but this could be stuff like, a random cycle, a random sacred unique, a random set item, random rune, etc.

The game also saves the amount of bounty tasks you have completed in every tiers. That being said, I plan on implementing a bounty stats GUI page, with ranks and stuff based on how many tasks you have completed. I also wish to implement a bounty ladder on realm. All of this to encourage the use of the system even after you have reached level 150.

(wrong experience value in the screenshots, oopsie)
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
As a Dragonica player (bounties at higher levels with% instead of flat) I love this thingy. Great work whist.
wcowl
Destroyer
6 | 0
Edited by wcowl 5 years.
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I swear every time MXL gets an update the level cap just gets higher and higher
Clariska
Prowler
16 | 0
Well i don't mind the increase in level tbh.As in median at the moment.Reaching capped level end of terror(if i can rem correct)didn't play for some time.I personally play median for the challenge in pve.Not the biggest fans of ubers.But i personally think van hellsing had a better Bounty type of system than D3 but hey thats just me...
Djmx305
Stygian Watcher
42 | 2
Whist! with your skills could you consider creating a new class?
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Djmx305 wrote:Whist! with your skills could you consider creating a new class?

Simply: No.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Whist,

are these meant to replace signet farming? if so this seems like a much better alternative to completing your character than grinding out 500 sigs
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Signets give all those unwanted set & sacred unique drops some use. They shouldn't be a grind at all since you get them naturally by just playing the game and farming.

The problem is people feel they have to bum rush the 500 cap by doing laborious tasks like nihlatak or *shudder* griswold farming. In this case its obviously your own choice to accelerate the process and gain a jump in character power faster than normal, at the cost of doing boring/repetitive but easy tasks.

So I feel like the system is fine. If you are struggling in destruction you can take a time out and grind something easy to boost yourself. Otherwise if you can handle the content you will build them up naturally when you farm.
Artiel
Prowler
18 | 0
sound great :mweed: