LOVE this Mod! But, what about Res?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Aspirine101
Lesbimaleâ„¢
309 | -6
whist wrote:And no, it will not take years.

it will take decades
lubronbrons
Banned
36 | -4
whist wrote:The upcoming Sigma patch will have a resolution of 1024x768, while also implementing the necessary changes so that it doesn't give an advantage to the player, such as capped teleport range and capped range on "on click point" skills, and likely an increase to various AI "seeking range".

And no, it will not take years.

uh.. oh...
I hope current Median XL 2017 could get multires support in this near, before Sigma update...
because many D2 players is using multires and this is a fact up to this day --> http://www.moddb.com/games/diablo-2/dow ... total-desc

1. Hero Editor Full V 0.96 - total DL 928,271 (11 today)

2. D2MultiRes Version 1.02 - total DL 557,565 (87 today)

3. Hero Editor V 1.04 - Final - total DL 103,785 (167 today)

by that data, we could see that there is so many users that use multires. so it is super popular
(even if all Median version download count compared is still far below 500k total download)
I am newbie here
but if there is something I could help regarding this multires & MXL compatibility I want to participate if possible, and willing...
Edited by lubronbrons 1 week.
YVLoopin
Dark Huntress
12 | -1
Sounds like most of you have never used multi res out of some dumb sense of pride and misinformation. You can play all the way up to 1600x900 and mobs will still aggro at the edge of your screen. Played with it every single patch until the one that disabled it.

Every person I've introduced to this mod was so excited looking at the website because the pictures make it seem like you can play in higher res. Then they get in the game, find out the truth, and drop it after one play session. Look at the background image on this form, looks fucking awesome.....until you're in game looking at 2 inches around your character.
HechtHeftig
Gore Crawler
1551 | 94
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
As it was already said: Higher ress will be implemented in sigma.
lubronbrons
Banned
36 | -4
hmm... sorry I'll be blunt here
I think forum here is a bit bully,
I am newbie in this place and even willing to help
but being thrown negative cookies instead... so no mercy even for newcomer ?
I even bother to write this in my previous post

"but if there is something I could help regarding this multires & MXL compatibility I want to participate if possible, and willing..."

now I could see there is so many here that is sensitive about multires and Sting or even no-cheat fanatics, oh my...
this is my first day here, but really scary impression about this community
RequiemLux
Onyx Knight
624 | 82
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
lubronbrons wrote:hmm... sorry I'll be blunt here
I think forum here is a bit bully,I am newbie in this place and even willing to help but being thrown negative cookies instead... so no mercy even for newcomer ?
I even bother to write this in my previous post "but if there is something I could help regarding this multires & MXL compatibility I want to participate if possible, and willing..."
now I could see there is so many here that is sensitive about multires and Sting or even no-cheat fanatics, oh my... this is my first day here, but really scary impression about this community

There is a code of conduct ( info.php ) I've nothing against you and as a matter of fact I welcome you to the forum but the one at fault here is you.
lubronbrons
Banned
36 | -4
woops my bad !
thanks for the heads up,
now I know this community is intended for some serious players that takes pride in high regard and no cheating environment

EDIT : it is funny to know even tho I got 3 neg cookies, but I still got 1 positive cookie, Thanks to that whoever sent that cookie ! :) really appreciated
Unda
Ice Clan
595 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yet you describing community here as elitists but things are very simple, there is no term as acceptable state of cheating in multiplayer, simple because there would be huge playerbase drop from TSW. Even if you want to be able use higher res on SP it still will require of developing two versions of patches and as you can see (if you used search option on forum) developers still got ton of work to do in preparation to Sigma release and they are working hard on delivering patches with new content and balancing for MXL2017 each three months.

Even if developers would listen to you and drop anything else to feed your need of higher res, short after others will complain about Sigma delay from 2025 to 2030, so there is no chance of pleasing everyone. If you will take time and read all patches changelogs you will see how developers are patient and often making changes suggested by major of the community here. Some suggestions are already implemented even in Sigma (added shortcuts and reworked death penalty for example), but you can see some people still asking about implementing it, simple because they didnt dig the forum. I personally dont use Discord but if you want to get fast response on some topics thats good idea to visit mod channel.
lubronbrons
Banned
36 | -4
I did aware that freelance modder can keep generating to do list that's accumulating until it's getting-out-of-hand
either by self ideas or suggestions from other...
because I myself a modder in the game called TES4 Oblivion and my main project is still far from finish even after working on it intensively in 3 years.... ehm.. (me a single fighter modder)
and luckily sometimes I got help or willful helper from other modders too, or even users
so....

Even if developers would listen to you and drop anything else to feed your need of higher res, short after others will complain about Sigma delay from 2025 to 2030, so there is no chance of pleasing everyone

well that's why I wrote this in my previous post

"but if there is something I could help regarding this multires & MXL compatibility I want to participate if possible, and willing..."

sadly... I only have little experience regarding Visual Studio and in C# and in C++
but I can try

Even if you want to be able use higher res on SP it still will require of developing two versions of patches and as you can see

I am afraid you've got it wrong... latest MXL have custom dll named "MXL.dll"
it means --> should be very easy to create INI file for configuration, so users that would want much freedom can change that with just simple text editor just like that PlugY INI file
Unda
Ice Clan
595 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Was sure that you know MXL2017 is lab rat for Sigma, here you can check core implementation and why multires was droped viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4195

Thats why I didnt even considered multires in my post, I was talking about proper highres with balancing thus why mentioned there is no need to do it with MXL2017 when whist is already working on it with Sigma.

If you feel you can help with mod then ask directly on Discord.

I was just trying to tell you to not generalise community as whole, you can met here all kinds of people same as around the corner.