Discuss Median XL!
krex87
Cog
205 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Trying to figure out what the ideal -enemy poison resistance (or any element really) is for certain uber bosses (BAAL cough cough). My sin typically runs around -85-100% enemy poison but is it worth pushing higher for certain uber bosses (or uber levels)? Is there a resource that shows what elemental resistances various Uber monsters/bosses have? For example if Destruction Baal has 75% poison resistance, then ideally i should aim for -175% enemy poison resistance for maximum damage?

Thanks!
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
krex87 wrote:Thanks!

From the discord -
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Kostetus wrote:Does summoner necro suck at Fautz or I just don't know how to play?
These necrobots melt my face in seconds, can't even reach any of the robot bosses

Summoner necro has been greatly nerfed in case of fauzt in the past few patches.
- fewer summons thanks to reduced +necromancer minions --> less diversions --> more piercing bolts of necrobots will hit you --> higher defense required
- Frostlcaw totem damage was reduced a lot (If I remember correctly - 20% damage in 2 paches and another 10% in the 3rd patch. But I'm not quite sure anymore!)
- HT was fixed and nerfed (less CB and less physical damage --> it's harder to kill the surrounding enemies --> it takes longer to focus on the necrobots)
- Death Ward is still the best option for fauzt. However, that greatly decreases your elemental damage from DFT since in that case you can't use Rathma's chosen.

It's probably best to use Fireheart totem to deal with them since fireheart totem does only slightly less damage than frostclaw totem but hits faster and more enemies. That way you can also use Death Ward since you don't depend on Rathma's chosen and DFT for the elemental damage anymore. The physical damage for the elemental immunes can come from a merc and/or summons with HT.
Kostetus
Balrog
139 | 1
HechtHeftig wrote:
Kostetus wrote:Does summoner necro suck at Fautz or I just don't know how to play?
These necrobots melt my face in seconds, can't even reach any of the robot bosses

Summoner necro has been greatly nerfed in case of fauzt in the past few patches.
- fewer summons thanks to reduced +necromancer minions --> less diversions --> more piercing bolts of necrobots will hit you --> higher defense required
- Frostlcaw totem damage was reduced a lot (If I remember correctly - 20% damage in 2 paches and another 10% in the 3rd patch. But I'm not quite sure anymore!)
- HT was fixed and nerfed (less CB and less physical damage --> it's harder to kill the surrounding enemies --> it takes longer to focus on the necrobots)
- Death Ward is still the best option for fauzt. However, that greatly decreases your elemental damage from DFT since in that case you can't use Rathma's chosen.

It's probably best to use Fireheart totem to deal with them since fireheart totem does only slightly less damage than frostclaw totem but hits faster and more enemies. That way you can also use Death Ward since you don't depend on Rathma's chosen and DFT for the elemental damage anymore. The physical damage for the elemental immunes can come from a merc and/or summons with HT.

Thank you very much!
krex87
Cog
205 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Helzopro wrote:
krex87 wrote:Thanks!

you sir deserve a cookie
Lunchah
Imp
5 | 0
I'm playing a melee sorc, and can't get past terror act 5. All my gears are t6-5 uniques, and my defense is around 15k, but I can't a single thing in act 5 and don't do enough damage to melt them either...

According to the guide I shouldn't have this hard time doing a5 with my current gear, but it just doesn't work.

what should i do?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Lunchah wrote:I'm playing a melee sorc, and can't get past terror act 5. All my gears are t6-5 uniques, and my defense is around 15k, but I can't a single thing in act 5 and don't do enough damage to melt them either...

According to the guide I shouldn't have this hard time doing a5 with my current gear, but it just doesn't work.

what should i do?

Upgrade all your gear to T6 and respec if needed to reset stat points. Mo you gear as told in the guide. (If there isn't anything mentioned: mo your gear with ED and TCD for more defense) Put Pgems into the sockets of your armor (except shield) in order to get up to 10% more max resistance per element. You can farm those in K3k hatred.

That way you should be good against both elemental and physical damage. Btw, it's best to ask directly in the guide for an answer. That way Solfege will be able to see it asap.
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
What exactly is the ancient book from xazax for? just killed him for the first time and have no clue what this is good for
fakme
Grubber
326 | 9
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
for Laz charm upgrade
Lunchah
Imp
5 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
Lunchah wrote:I'm playing a melee sorc, and can't get past terror act 5. All my gears are t6-5 uniques, and my defense is around 15k, but I can't a single thing in act 5 and don't do enough damage to melt them either...

what should i do?

Upgrade all your gear to T6 and respec if needed to reset stat points. Mo you gear as told in the guide. (If there isn't anything mentioned: mo your gear with ED and TCD for more defense) Put Pgems into the sockets of your armor (except shield) in order to get up to 10% more max resistance per element. You can farm those in K3k hatred.

That way you should be good against both elemental and physical damage. Btw, it's best to ask directly in the guide for an answer. That way Solfege will be able to see it asap.

Thanks, I wll try that.