Necromancer stuck in Midgame

Discuss Median XL!
SeaWeed
Thunder Beetle
56 | 4
Hey Im kinda new to the mod and just got started on tsw.
Here are my stats, charms and gear real quick:

For Skills I use Max Frostclaw Totem, Max Stormeye Totem, Max Embalming, 1 Point Bend the Shadows, 1 Point Rathmas Chosen, 10 Points Rampagor, Rest (19 Points) Shadow

Im not able to do any major uber (Even farming areas like tran and 3000k) because I feel like my damage is lackluster. Totems 1 shot Bosses and Summoning Ubers but with more mobs they actually feel kinda terrible. It seems that they all cast all at once so some of the damage is just gone when 1 mob is dead. Since totems seem not have a piercing effect most of the damage will get eaten up by immunes.
Also Rathmas Chosen wont protect my minions against poison damage. They also die rather quick.

Any tips on gear or skillplan or what to do next would be appreciated
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
get some better minion crafts (armors) to increase the life of your summons (you only want them to tank/stay alive while you deal damage from behind); try replacing your weapon+shield with a 2h Styx RW . Laz tribute set items are also a nice choice if you can find them /trade for them

focus your armors setup on minions and the weapon for boosting your damage

maby something like this :
► Show Spoiler
hard points into the summons themselves are better than few points and maxed embalming imo

i'd go for Cathedral of Vanity next . jump on the Crystal ball and hope for the best
Edited by ChuckNoRis 8 years.
SeaWeed
Thunder Beetle
56 | 4
I can try that, thank you. Say I get an almost full set of crafted minion stuff, are minions able to tank hard ubers with that? I never had a summoner in this game

Edit: Good call on that skillplan, its nice to have another perspective. Youre probably right with that.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
yes , rampagors are good tanks . Void Archon aura is also very nice to have
SeaWeed
Thunder Beetle
56 | 4
Ok thank you Ill try the cathedral

Do you know if its worth to farm for the special box to get set items? Seems like a really slow process
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
farming the special box is not that slow as you'd think . still , i'd go for K3KBA for farming , it's not such a hard uber + you may also find some SU's beside set items in there
SeaWeed
Thunder Beetle
56 | 4
I dont know, ill probably ditch the char.
I tried all day long to get some SUs or set pieces but the process is so slow, I cant even farm 3000k fast. The totems wont target the other totem and then i die because necromancer has horrible fhr frames. You constanly have to teleport with bend of shadows to reposition your totems because they are so short range. And melee mobs will ALWAYS target you if you teleport right on them, even if youre in a giant army of minions.
In tran athulua its basically the same. I mean whats the benefit of having an army in front of you if you still die because of piercing attacks like chain arrow.
Maybe its just me but totems seem to have really bad AoE, I dont like the mechanics and I feel like they are inferior to just normal spellcasting where you dont have that auto-targeting stuff.
I dont see any benefit for having totems over normal spell casting.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
get hailstorm on a rare amulet for k3k totems and kill them from afar,you can get summon jinn for free elemental pierce and more tanks as well. as others have said,focus on minion hp and resists on gear,get your damage from shadows' aura, burning veil etc; you will most likely be killing slowly,but you should be relatively safe as long as you don't try running into enemies without your minions.

getting other oskills is also a good idea,as you get a fair amount of spell damage from your buffs and minions. you could also try using DFT instead of your frostclaw/stormeye,get jinni and just let your minions do the job. cast hailstorm and other oskills if you feel like it.
SeaWeed
Thunder Beetle
56 | 4
Yes I got Shadow Avatar on an amulet and now i can run kurast, ill probably try hailstorm since it doesnt have cooldown and wont lagg the server like crazy if i cast it inside a mob horde
thanks for the advice
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ditch wand + shield, use a staff instead (faster FCR/FHR). Craft/roll a rare staff with avalanche for carpet bombing with fireheart totem. There are very few reasons to use a wand over staff on a totemancer. MO with LAEK. Sacrifices triggers LAEK so you can use that for self healing in a pinch.

Use jinns for easy -100 fire/cold/poison res. Max shadows, jinns, fireheart totem, embalming. Rathma's Chosen is the worst possible uberskill to pick.

Use A5 merc with T6 scale mail and +5 amu for like +130% spell damage and thunder slam. A3 abjurer is also nice.

Focus on minion life. They need to be durable enough that you can focus on casting instead of resummoning your army. Use ilvl 1 magical crafts and crafted jewels (look for minion HP, energy factor and flat life).

Use qwer-asdf-zxcv-F1-F4 instead of F1-F12 as hotkeys.

Reaching +1k spell damage for all elements is possible. If totems get hit, they will be FHR locked pretty easily. Your goal is to kill everything before they ever get in reach of your totems (or you).