Discuss Median XL!
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Is there a specific reason thundercrack doesn't auto-attack if you hold down RMB? Kinda kills the skill for me, can't imagine anyone using it.
Naabaanit
Tyrannus Discordus
271 | 27
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
It's a pretty good skill, it just has some flaws (piercing fixed though) and Amazon is kind of weak in melee.
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I never understood thundercrack, not saying its a bad skill, I'm sure it's good in some instances but I much perfer Stormcall when it comes to my Stormzon.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thundercrack is for wdm build, aka melee amazon whack monster with scepter.

Mechanic wise should be better than... Sorceress counterpart, but im not sure how the work in high dense area.

If it cast missiles per mobs around player and pierce with no ND, it have potential to shotgun in crowded area.
But it still feel weak at low level since your weapon is still low.

New hammer of zerae seem much better now with 3/2 wdm and decent lightning dmg bonus.
Not sure mechanic is strong in late game since missiles quantity wise, it much lower than most other skill.
But i having fun leveling with it atm
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cowking wrote:Is there a specific reason thundercrack doesn't auto-attack if you hold down RMB? Kinda kills the skill for me, can't imagine anyone using it.

thundercrack mechanics are odd because of the skill function it uses. It has a few limitations such as not being able to proc on-melee skills. But the mechanism itself is very unique because it's a melee skill with level-based missile count scaling, there is no other skill like this.

it should be a strong skill because it hits a crazy amount of times. It suffers from the fact that going melee requires a lot of survability which is hard to achieve as a storm zon. Personally I would use paragon with it. Also requires a good weapon, you cannot just throw a trash scepter into it. People are saying scepters have low damage but there are some scepters with ridiculous damage out there.
Arc_Razer
Grubber
303 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Crafts anyone? ED procs etc on scepters (no one complains about items on tantrum din do they)
Arc_Razer
Grubber
303 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Wheres they edit post gone?

Anyway forgot to add, why not try it the old blue death sin style way? spam magfield, switch weapon?
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Arc_Razer wrote:Crafts anyone? ED procs etc on scepters (no one complains about items on tantrum din do they)

Tantrum din is an oskill build. You don't need to use skill points to use the skill, but the downside is that you need to craft an item with Tantrum on it, which is itself interesting. This isn't the same as Stormzon where you need to invest points into a skill.

I bet you people would complain if Holy/Unholy Melee paladin had 0 TUs or RWs that fit his skill at all times while leveling.
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Marco wrote:Also requires a good weapon, you cannot just throw a trash scepter into it. People are saying scepters have low damage but there are some scepters with ridiculous damage out there.

What would you suggest for leveling with Thundercrack?

Or is the only answer to level with Stormcall and respec later :P
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Thundercrack should be really good in the current version. Think of tempest, but with WDM so it can trigger CB - it will absolutely demolish crowds - and at 90 you get curare which will fix any dps issues for good. I would just use Shark RW and keep remaking in better base sceptres as I go along.

Then once you are higher levelled just a honorific T6 war sceptre with 30%cb, 350% ED, then max life after kill(you won't be doing much phys dmg at this point for ll) and finally max dmg. Socket with 6 perfect rainbow stones. And the rest of the gear max focus on TCD and survivability to keep yourself alive.