Discuss Median XL!
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Cershaw wrote:Iirc armors roll up to 200% enhanced defense, if i craft armor with a gloomy shrine +30-120% enhanced defense, does it roll up to 320% ?

No, you can't rollover the cap with the crafts. Only runewords allow you to do that.
Varok
Fallen
1 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Is the following item proc is stacking?

20% Change to cast level 35 Hunting Banshee on Melee Attack

If so how?

Astral Blade
Astral Blade
Long Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 45 to 48
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 540
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
+1 Hunting Banshee/Ember Spirit Projectile
8% Chance to cast level 13 Mythal on Melee Attack
15% Chance to cast level 60 Ember Spirit on Melee Attack
15% Chance to cast level 60 Hunting Banshee on Melee Attack
+(100 to 125) Spell Focus
100% Attack Speed
+(20 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
-(15 to 20)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(20 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
-(15 to 20)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Socketed (6)
TheUnderling
Monkey King
256 | 1
I've noticed that some monsters that can charge you can effectively chain stun you, even if you have massive defense. I'm not sure if it's something to do with nullifying defense if you're in the hit recovery animation or that's something specific to charging mobs.
Also, when crafting unique jewelry, can you only craft jewelry listed in the TU section or can you also craft jewelry in the SU section?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
TheUnderling wrote:I've noticed that some monsters that can charge you can effectively chain stun you, even if you have massive defense. I'm not sure if it's something to do with nullifying defense if you're in the hit recovery animation or that's something specific to charging mobs.
Also, when crafting unique jewelry, can you only craft jewelry listed in the TU section or can you also craft jewelry in the SU section?

What do you mean by crafting jewelry? Runecrafted Jewels?
BeetleHunter
Invader
9 | 0
Solved
d00m3dhunt3r
Prowler
17 | 0
Is there an up-to-date guide on making a weapon rune-word?
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
d00m3dhunt3r wrote:Is there an up-to-date guide on making a weapon rune-word?

Double MO has been removed. You need to know nearly nothing. Runewords just work in grey items - you can make white items grey by cubing them with the jewels (1 Jewel = 1 socket), you can't give a socketed item more sockets! You can reroll a white/grey item with oil of renewal. Oil of luck for even more bonuses.

So reroll until desired stats, then luck for more bonus, if failed more reroll. If succeed get max sockets. Add Mystic Orbs*don't go above the level requirement of the MOs + the highest level of either rune, jewel, base item). Add Jewels and as last the rune. Done.

For armor items - check the base stats you want a good roll on defense don't even look at % enhanced defense. Since you roll both, the base and % enhanced Def. For example an ancient armor with +30% ED could have 4628 def or 3737. For the final RW that can make more than 2k difference!
TheUnderling
Monkey King
256 | 1
L H wrote:
TheUnderling wrote:I've noticed that some monsters that can charge you can effectively chain stun you, even if you have massive defense. I'm not sure if it's something to do with nullifying defense if you're in the hit recovery animation or that's something specific to charging mobs.

What do you mean by crafting jewelry? Runecrafted Jewels?

I heard you can upgrade amulets and rings like any other tiered item. (making TUs)
drakkos
Skeleton
3 | 0
Greetings,

Been reading/playing for a bit, first time posting.

LC2

Based on the ... information available... it seems we're to be killing death projector in swampy pit, not tal rasha any more.

Be great if the guides were ... updated.

Or old, inaccurate information removed.

Death projector keeps resetting. Best I can do is 40%. Funny, however, I dropped it this morning with no gear, just standing back and summoning a horde of minions.

I've watched the health reset after 5 seconds, I've watched the health reset after several minutes. I've fought the damn thing for ten minutes straight before the 4 o'clock position start no longer applied, and lightning killed me on the opposite side of the DP.

Apparently that tip is... less than accurate as well.

The double lightning is a real treat, as well. Why is this consistently labelled "easy"?

I didn't have half this much trouble with the previous challenges, which were supposedly harder.

... was that a short question? "Why does the health reset on the DP? How do I reasonably prevent this highly irritating bug?"
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
It heals on kill, so get good killspeed or skip minions.