Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
runedig
Destroyer
7 | 0
So can anyone tell me how do I prepare an item for a runeword? I watched an guide where the guy used luck trial MOs so do I just skip that part? And if I'm going to make a runeword on armor does it matter what level the armor is if I make it from scratch or is it good to make from scratch?
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
runedig wrote:So can anyone tell me how do I prepare an item for a runeword? I watched an guide where the guy used luck trial MOs so do I just skip that part? And if I'm going to make a runeword on armor does it matter what level the armor is if I make it from scratch or is it good to make from scratch?

The only ways you can "prepare" is by having it have high ed% (or ar% for weapons) from a superior rarity, and then making sure Oil of Luck passes (chance of 16.7%). Luck Trial is gone for weapons and there's nothing more you can do for armors.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Wulf wrote:
runedig wrote:So can anyone tell me how do I prepare an item for a runeword? I watched an guide where the guy used luck trial MOs so do I just skip that part? And if I'm going to make a runeword on armor does it matter what level the armor is if I make it from scratch or is it good to make from scratch?

The only ways you can "prepare" is by having it have high ed% (or ar% for weapons) from a superior rarity, and then making sure Oil of Luck passes (chance of 16.7%). Luck Trial is gone for weapons and there's nothing more you can do for armors.

and

Don't remember who, maybe Quirinus wrote:How to get the base item ready for the runeword:
You can turn any item to white/gray if you cube it with a rune and catalyst of destruction.
Now cube it with oil of enchantment until you get a superior white/gray.
If you got a white item, you can cube it with x jewels to add x sockets (if its a low lvl item it cant have many sockets).
If you're not happy with the superior bonuses on your gray/white item, you can reroll them with the oil of renewal.
Use oil of luck to add another bonus (20% chance to add).
If you dont get it, you can reroll the item with oil if renewal if you want, and try again.
After you make the rw, if you want to unsocket it to get back the jewels/runes, or just to do the rw again in hopes of getting better rolls on the rw stats, you can do it by cubing the rw item with oil of disjunction and 3 perfect gems (skull works too).
You can also add aditional bonuses by cubing the rw with mystic orbs.
I suggest you reroll one jewel to have the indestructible stat (again, use oil or renewal), otherwise repairing the rw will cost a lot (unless youre just starting, in which case dont worry about it).
All these recipes are in docs > items > cube.
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I dont have a clue how anybody can kill quov tsin with melee necro. Previously i was MO'ing my gear with flat DR and killed him without dying but since 2017 came there is no DR MO anymore and since then i cannot kill Quov Tsin.

Im stacking hell of a resist and max resist but still he can kill me with his beam in like 1 second.

What should i do to kill him with melee necro? (Or should i respec my skills to a another build)
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
Glamdring26 wrote:I dont have a clue how anybody can kill quov tsin with melee necro. Previously i was MO'ing my gear with flat DR and killed him without dying but since 2017 came there is no DR MO anymore and since then i cannot kill Quov Tsin.

Im stacking hell of a resist and max resist but still he can kill me with his beam in like 1 second.

What should i do to kill him with melee necro? (Or should i respec my skills to a another build)

what are u saying? there IS flat dr MO in shop, u still cant tank QT with just that tho since 30 x 3 jewelries = 90 flat dr, try crafting to roll some armor pieces with flat dr for the rest needer. U need about 140 dr to negate all his physical dmg.
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
My Q: colosseum can break physical immunity of necrobot in dunc but cant do so to necromorph in fauzt?
anhlong1122
Thunder Beetle
56 | 0
I found Essence in Teganze, but no Primal rune so far, is it just bad luck or it is in a different place?
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
anhlong1122 wrote:I found Essence in Teganze, but no Primal rune so far, is it just bad luck or it is in a different place?

If an enemy drops an essence it can drop primal runes too.
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
anhlong1122 wrote:I found Essence in Teganze, but no Primal rune so far, is it just bad luck or it is in a different place?

You have bad RNG.
chickenfeeder wrote:My Q: colosseum can break physical immunity of necrobot in dunc but cant do so to necromorph in fauzt?

Try to max FHR.
Some good procs might help to kill Necrobots faster.
If you're not strong enough then you might want to get a good merc to help you kill Necrobots. Try to keep your merc alive.
JetJet
Abomination
149 | 0
does mf increase chance to find great runes?