Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
DreamTeam wrote:Do people trade arcane crystals in bulk quantities or are they easy enough to farm on my own? I've been killing Mephisto on Hatred to help improve my gear through tier upgrades and normal item to unique rolls, but I still have a long way to go. I'm stuck at level 63. My resists are too poor to kill Andariel in Terror. I got up to the jail area though. It's taking me longer than I anticipated to improve.

I've only been playing this game one week though. I joined on January 1, 2018. So I'm having some fun even though I'll likely never reach level 90, much less 100 or 120. I don't think I'll ever be good enough to find any set items or sacreds (what are sacreds?) and all that end-game stuff people talk about.

You can orb rings/amulet with individual resists. Armors can be orbed with +3 to all (double if on an honorific). Uptiering an item does remove orbs so jewelry is probably better for early game.
Dakota
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
In the Documentation it says that "Arcane Crystal + Oil of Craft → Arcane Cluster"
Was that changed or am I missing something? Putting the 2 together in the cube does not do anything at all on transmuting...
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Dakota wrote:In the Documentation it says that "Arcane Crystal + Oil of Craft → Arcane Cluster"
Was that changed or am I missing something? Putting the 2 together in the cube does not do anything at all on transmuting...

Works fine for me, are you sure you're not using an old version of the mod or that you're not trying to cube arcane SHARDS instead of crystals with the oil?
Citrine
Invader
8 | 0
L H wrote:
Citrine wrote:So, according to the latest harbinger wolf guide, I'm supposed to create a
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Runeword Level: 75
Adds 7-13 Damage
+(58 to 72)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%
Physical Damage Reduced by (11 to 15)
+(3 to 5) Mana on Striking
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
and
Natha
Natha
Druid Helms

'GulEl'
Runeword Level: 65
4% Chance to cast level 2 Arrow on Striking
20% Attack Speed
50% Hit Recovery
(31 to 50)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(58 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
+5 to all Attributes
Physical Resist 10%
at level 59, but I just recently got into terror difficulty and have nothing even close to 2 Lo runes (my highest is Mal at the moment). Any idea where I can acquire Lo without too much trouble?

Hatred Nihlathak can drop up to Ber runes I believe.

Wow, really? I've farmed him for a bit, but he mostly just drops the 3x random uniques. I'll have to try a bit more. Are there any other good sources of runes (up to at least Lo) in either of the first two difficulties, or is it sort of just up to a lucky drop? There seem to be a lot more runewords that use what were considered high runes in vanilla d2, and runes drop at a much higher rate in Median, so I'm guessing things like ~#28 aren't exceptionally rare.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Citrine wrote:
L H wrote:
Citrine wrote:So, according to the latest harbinger wolf guide, I'm supposed to create a
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Adds 7-13 Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%
and
Natha
Natha
Druid Helms

'GulEl'
20% Attack Speed
50% Hit Recovery
+5 to all Attributes
Physical Resist 10%
at level 59, but I just recently got into terror difficulty and have nothing even close to 2 Lo runes (my highest is Mal at the moment). Any idea where I can acquire Lo without too much trouble?

Wow, really? I've farmed him for a bit, but he mostly just drops the 3x random uniques. I'll have to try a bit more. Are there any other good sources of runes (up to at least Lo) in either of the first two difficulties, or is it sort of just up to a lucky drop? There seem to be a lot more runewords that use what were considered high runes in vanilla d2, and runes drop at a much higher rate in Median, so I'm guessing things like ~#28 aren't exceptionally rare.

Well he drops a rune every time you kill him, and I've gotten a healthy amount of Surs, Lo's, Ber's, etc from him whn getting arcane crystals for early gearing. Otherwise, just keep going in Terror and you'll find some eventually. You can downgrade a rune by cubing it along or upgrade by cubing two of the same.

The gear in guides don't need to be acquired as soon as the level requirement. You can do most of terror with your TU gear, but the Lo RW's will be an improvement once you get them.
Citrine
Invader
8 | 0
L H wrote:
Citrine wrote:
L H wrote:
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Adds 7-13 Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%
and
Natha
Natha
Druid Helms

'GulEl'
20% Attack Speed
50% Hit Recovery
+5 to all Attributes
Physical Resist 10%

Well he drops a rune every time you kill him, and I've gotten a healthy amount of Surs, Lo's, Ber's, etc from him whn getting arcane crystals for early gearing. Otherwise, just keep going in Terror and you'll find some eventually. You can downgrade a rune by cubing it along or upgrade by cubing two of the same.

The gear in guides don't need to be acquired as soon as the level requirement. You can do most of terror with your TU gear, but the Lo RW's will be an improvement once you get them.

Thank you, that info helps a lot. :)
Crowned
Lava Lord
98 | 2
I've been having trouble finding the fairy witches for the evil eye quest.
According to the forums and databases they should be at the canyon of the magi.
I checked multiple times in different games, but had no luck at all, while getting the other 4 eyes was a piece of cake.

Could anyone share some insight?
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
► Show Spoiler

Me too. Haven't found yet on two characters on realm but I'm sure they're there. Just keep restarting a new game and you'll find them.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
GregMXL wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Me too. Haven't found yet on two characters on realm but I'm sure they're there. Just keep restarting a new game and you'll find them.

they spawn more frequently in terror difficulty. also circle around the big rock in the middle. sometimes they are behind it
Ronthar
Azure Drake
165 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
So I just hit 123 last night and it's been one hell of a grind the past few months (single player). I've been saving my exp signets though to burn them all once I hit 124 just to take some of the edge off the grind from 124-125....

My question is, will gear with + exp % or exp potions boost the signets? Thanks!