Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
What is D2Stats? Somebody mentioned it to me but I thought it was already implemented in the game? I guess I need to download it somewhere. I thought it was like Path of Diablo, just push the number 8 and a screen with stats will pop up telling you all your info. A big step up from the original game.

Also, I noticed since I installed Median XL on January 1 (9 days ago) I haven't been able to log back into the original game to check on my US East characters. Is there a way to do that? Median XL takes over my original Lord of Destruction game for some reason when I click on the icon (app) on my deskstop. I have three icons (Original game, Median XL and Path of Diablo - the other two work just fine separately, but Median XL has its own icon and still overtakes the original game as well.

I mean granted, after discovering Median XL I may not want to go back to the original game.
todeshund89
Jungle Hunter
29 | 0
L H wrote:
todeshund89 wrote:so, would i have a higher drop bias for different base items in duncraig, or fauzt, or somewhere else, for example?

Duncraig has a sacred bias towards heavier/rarer base items like class-specific stuff (naginatas, hand of god, etc), and heavy armors (ancient armors, gilded shields, etc)

thanks L H. looks like i'll have to do some runs in there to fill out my inventory checklist, since TA amazons are being so stingy....you'd think they'd be grateful for me giving them such a quick death, instead of making them suffer... :)

Coincidentally, it's your awesome hybrid totemancer guide i've used to be able to annihilate /p8 TA runs :)
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
I want to thank you guys for being patient with me and answering my questions. I apologize if I have trouble reading the documents and understanding everything. I do better when you teach me, person to person, and I thank you. I want to play with you in the game also.

Right now I'm still soloing and learning the game. I just reached act 5 on terror and hit level 99 for the first time! I had a goal of reaching level 100 and I'm almost there. I can't wait until I find my first set item. My question is are level 100 set items easy or hard to farm for? I think I saw a rat druid set at level 100 on the documents. Wow! That gives me something fun to aim for.
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
DreamTeam wrote:I want to thank you guys for being patient with me and answering my questions. I apologize if I have trouble reading the documents and understanding everything. I do better when you teach me, person to person, and I thank you. I want to play with you in the game also.

Right now I'm still soloing and learning the game. I just reached act 5 on terror and hit level 99 for the first time! I had a goal of reaching level 100 and I'm almost there. I can't wait until I find my first set item. My question is are level 100 set items easy or hard to farm for? I think I saw a rat druid set at level 100 on the documents. Wow! That gives me something fun to aim for.

Sets can be found on Baal runs or any Ubers on Terror difficulty.
They're quite rare, but one Terror Tran Athulua should yield at least one Set based on my experience. And of course there are bad runs where you got none
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
In general, are sacred yellow items (rares) better than tier 6 uniques?
Because I found a shield, helm and gloves that make me say "Wow!
Only problem is I don't have the crazy strength they require (600+). LOL
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
DreamTeam wrote:In general, are sacred yellow items (rares) better than tier 6 uniques?
Because I found a shield, helm and gloves that make me say "Wow!
Only problem is I don't have the crazy strength they require (600+). LOL

Sacred are best base item. And there's best of sacreds.

Like T6 Quilted Armor < Sacred Quilted Armor < Sacred Ancient Armor

Also sacred rare item can be crafted using Shrines. They have bell-like sound when they drop.
To use it simply cube any shrine with Sacred Rare item. And they will randomly rolled with one guaranteed mod.
If you ever play PoE, it's essentially Essence crafts
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Thank you for the information. Yes, I played Path of Exile briefly for half a year but was never really good at it. I think I got to level 65 on a Marauder, some level 40's on the Scion, Witch and Duelist, and I just didn't advance much past that. I had more fun playing Marvel Heroes Omega before it shut down in November.

And I played some Diablo III also but Diablo II was my first love for years and years (and Path of Diablo I discovered two months ago). But right now Median XL is the PC game for me. It may be the only game I play for a while. This game is my calling and I enjoy Median XL a lot even though it's super hard and challenging.

I am so happy I reached level 105 just now. In Frozen Tundra in Terror. Closer to the ancients. But I may take a break for a bit. Cherish and bask in my accomplishments even though I know I have a lot to learn end game wise. I am happy where I have gotten soloing in my own password games. I just don't want to play any public games until I shed my major newbie status. I work hard for every level.

Hopefully I'll learn. Do you guys think I can keep learning this game?
Reading a ton of documents is daunting but I'm trying every day to learn.

I'm so happy to be finding nice sacred yellow items. I even found my first Belladonna elixir. I've got three total now because one of you had given me two when I wasn't sure if I'd ever find one myself. But I can't wait until I find my first sacred unique and first set item. To me they don't exist because I'm yet to see one!

I still need to become a master at crafting and installing this D2Stats thing people talk about.

But I'm very pleased where I'm at now. I can see some hope. Before I had no hope. I've been finding a lot of cool high level runes (level 60 to 100). Runes I've never seen before. I am not sure if they have any trade value and what not. I'll just keep saving them. See if I can make any runewords also. I got the list in front of me right now.
silverhand31
Invader
8 | 0
Do life on attack proc by spell?
I'm using ass twin fang strike, looking for regen life
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
silverhand31 wrote:Do life on attack proc by spell?
I'm using ass twin fang strike, looking for regen life

Twin fang strike is a melee attack that casts something. That way you can have on attack procs from items, the nagI area of effect proc+laser blade and life on attack.

Vampiric icon is an incredibly strong spell to get life.
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
I was using a shapeshift act 2 merc but I'm going to try out the Priestess Rogue Merc from act 1. Any idea which merc may be most beneficial to a rat druid? I guess I can try them all and see what I like. Just trying out my second merc. Figured I'd have more fun changing things up. My shapeshift merc (werebear) was cool and all but he died a bit too much for my liking. I need to upgrade my merc gear now.