Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Uldyssian
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
i was just making some learning signets and i put a regular (non sacred) amulet in the cube with the catalyst of learning. i cubed it, thinking the catalyst of learning was the disenchant, and it actually made a signet of learning. i tested this and it works with rings too. Is this intentional or is it a bug because jewelry isn't tiered?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
it works for unique rings/amulets/jewels/quivers/su's/sets.

You should use the Short Questions Thread for things such as this in the future. Just helps clean forum up a bit. No big deal for now.
foufoumoro
Vampiress
36 | 1
Hey guys I'm still looking for advice on the upcoming ladder reset.
Not gonna do a try-hard or anything, but I just want some more insight from experienced players before comiting to any decision.

So far I tried only a few builds as I joined median last month, and am still pretty limited in terms of knowledge of different classes and builds.
I've managed to build both a barbarian and UH caster, got the majority of charms except most difficult and impossible ones.
There seems to be a huge gap between collecting all easy / moderate charms and getting the difficult ones...

WHat are your advice on these two matters:
-What character to first start the ladder with ? does it need to be a farm-focused build, or can't I just focus on a character that aims to collect all charms ?
-What character build seem pretty opti for 1.3 now that patch is out ? I wanted to try building any strong amazon build, melee necro, any decent sorceress build ... what character seems like the best choice to allow me to see and clear 100 percent of game content ?

And overall question: what are you guys planning to play at the start of 1.3? Why ?
Thanks !
Thibs
Stygian Watcher
41 | 2
foufoumoro wrote:what character seems like the best choice to allow me to see and clear 100 percent of game content ?

Barbarian :bounce:

edit: Holy melee paladin too :bounce:

+ I'm gonna play throwbarb with stormblast on weapon switch to kill "hard" ubers
Kaido
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Quick technical question: do your WDM procs (thunder hammer, arrows, knives etc) get the buff from shadow dancer (buff claw damage and deadly strike) if you're wielding a claw?
brackans
Heretic
443 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Does the belladonna extract still need to be found or have they brought back the old recipe in this new patch?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
brackans wrote:Does the belladonna extract still need to be found or have they brought back the old recipe in this new patch?

It hasn't changed. They drop in alvl 85+, basically act 3 terror and beyond.

Welcome back Brackans!
brackans
Heretic
443 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Fumbles wrote:
brackans wrote:Does the belladonna extract still need to be found or have they brought back the old recipe in this new patch?

It hasn't changed. They drop in alvl 85+, basically act 3 terror and beyond.

Welcome back Brackans!

Thanks for the clarification man.
Of course I read thru the whole patch note and have not seen any changes regarding this issue, so just want to make sure it's still as season 16.
Nah, after reading the answer then it's not "welcome back" anymore.
But anyway, good job with the new patch, wish you guys have lots of fun :mrgreen:
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
Why does the assassin have caster builds? They are mageslayers, they shouldn't have mana at all, maybe skills can use stamina or something new.
ChingeR
Rust Claw
82 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Can somebody send me ip? need to change in registry to enter >.<