Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
boosh253
Fallen
1 | 0
Hey there guys. I just got back into diablo, finally got all the mods and versions to run with plugy and everything else. I'm stoked! But I also am leaving for Alaska in a few days for a job, be gone all summer and have no access to internet. I was wondering if there was a suppository of information of sorts, builds and guides and information on all things median, that I could have access to OFFLINE. Any help would be appreciated!
holydiver
Invader
9 | 0
What's the best paladin build right now for beginner?
Jerrif
Prowler
16 | 4
boosh253 wrote: I was wondering if there was a suppository of information of sorts, builds and guides and information on all things median, that I could have access to OFFLINE. Any help would be appreciated!

I did this a few years ago. I just downloaded all the item and quest documentation pages with right click > save as, it works well enough.

Also, I think you might have meant "repository". I really hope there is not a suppository of Median information out there :-8
Afzofa
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
holydiver wrote:What's the best paladin build right now for beginner?

IMHO, unholy caster paladin is the easiest paladin to play, and melee holy is the hardest. There are many guides about unholy caster paladin, but I recommend one by Scarlet Edge, which incorporates fire skills from gear later on instead of using mind flay or other skills. ]
Here is the link: https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=17813
It's really detailed and helps from start to finish.
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
Afzofa wrote:

IMHO, unholy caster paladin is the easiest paladin to play, and melee holy is the hardest.

Two patch ago this statement is reversed
Afzofa
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
Stereox wrote:
Afzofa wrote:

IMHO, unholy caster paladin is the easiest paladin to play, and melee holy is the hardest.

Two patch ago this statement is reversed

how so? I looked at the patch logs, but only 1.3 and 1.2 are available. 1.1 and 1.0 give 404 not found messages.
https://www.median-xl.com/changelog used this page's links to access the patch notes
EDIT: nvm they worked
paulyappe
Cultist
22 | 0
Hi, basically new to the mod, have been playing for about a week. Currently at Act 5 Terror but I die a lot using a spearzon. Seems like I covered the basics and the next step I should do is to farm shrines and craft items...however my killspeed in fauntizville??? is abysmal...here are my questions

1. anywhere i could go to farm shrines quicker?
2. is hyena strike useful? walking up to the orb seems a hassle
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
paulyappe wrote:I die a lot using a spearzon.
1. anywhere i could go to farm shrines quicker?
2. is hyena strike useful?
get paragon uberskill for more HP.
1. farm K3KBA for shrines

2. yes
paulyappe
Cultist
22 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:
paulyappe wrote:
2. yes

Hi, I am actually using your spearzon guide haha...is there any strategy i should do regarding the HS orbs? seems like i need the bonuses from the orbs all the time but i get spanked when actually trying to reach them...should i tele or smth
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
you just need to step on one every few seconds after/before the duration goes off . having 20-ish points into it in mid game grants a decent duration so steping on one of them every now and then is not hard at all . when you know that the duration is about to go off , stop whatever you was doing , go for the orb , then go back to the fight . you might just need more practice , that's all .