Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Tanin wrote:
thunderman wrote:
Tanin wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:
Tanin wrote:Is there a guide or item recommendations for the act 3 merc?

Just focus on +skills -enemy resist of his main element and +spell damage of his main element.

What is his main element?
What about items with a chance to cast?

About chance to cast: you should be looking for ''when enemy is slain'' (very rare).

On kill - does not work for casters unless using poison spells.

On attack - you swing and hit a target in melee (does not work with a3 mercs)

On striking - triggers any time you actually hit a monster with a weapon-damage carrying attack (a3 mercs dont have any wdm attacks)

Is this the same for when using a sorceress ?

The procs always work the same. Thunderman gave a good explanation. One addition: the poison skills have to lasthit the enemy in order to trigger the on kill proc.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
meaning poison when = >0 frame
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
If i choose sorceress, max living flame and use crafted gear, cubed with life regeneration orbs, whould i be immortall? :think:
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Dreamhunter wrote:If i choose sorceress, max living flame and use crafted gear, cubed with life regeneration orbs, whould i be immortall? :think:

Hard to believe. I'm a melee sorc on terror and having my ass kicked.
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
Tanin wrote:
Dreamhunter wrote:If i choose sorceress, max living flame and use crafted gear, cubed with life regeneration orbs, whould i be immortall? :think:

I was just jokin' man. Melee sorceress is funny to play and not so hard, if you're having trouble, you have a full guide here. And try switch to lightning/cold tree until you have better gear. Are your resistances maxed, how about damage reduction% ?
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Dreamhunter wrote:
Tanin wrote:

I was just jokin' man. Melee sorceress is funny to play and not so hard, if you're having trouble, you have a full guide here. And try switch to lightning/cold tree until you have better gear. Are your resistances maxed, how about damage reduction% ?

I was actually using the mini guide which is a bit different in the skill tree and less detailed.

Res maxed, not much damage reduction...
Vrathmar
Cultist
23 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Guy i was farming in chaos sanctuary and was fighting maghda (summoned by activating one of the seals) when a angel appeared and was saying something along the lines of "mortal release me and ..". He was incorporeal i think. He finished his sentence and then disappeared. Anyone know whats this all about?
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
How to summon King Koth?

Do I need victim's heart and meditation candle? I don't see any vendor selling them...
Vrathmar
Cultist
23 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/w ... oms#arreat

You have to kill talic (one of three protectors of mount arreat in act 5) and use dark portal skill granted from the tome dropped by the summoner from the act2 arcane sanctum.
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Vrathmar wrote:https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/westernkingdoms#arreat

You have to kill talic (one of three protectors of mount arreat in act 5) and use dark portal skill granted from the tome dropped by the summoner from the act2 arcane sanctum.

Does the summoner have 100% drop rate? Just killed him and nada.