Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Ethario
Rust Claw
82 | 4
First time im planning to try out online when sigma hits.

What happens after the season to these characters. I heard they go "non" ladder, does that mean I can keep playing them in singleplayer locally ?
I don't always have the most time to play so I have my doubts about playing online (are droprates higher in sp ?)

Thanks and see you when Sigma hits <3
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
HechtHeftig wrote:Why do you put muling into brackets? You can mule in SP the exact same way as you can in MP.

Short version: I don't know how to do that. Every time I've heard about it, it's seemed like something you can only do in MP by messing around with private servers. But what do I know, I'm a scrub.
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
GreyRook wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Why do you put muling into brackets? You can mule in SP the exact same way as you can in MP.

Short version: I don't know how to do that. Every time I've heard about it, it's seemed like something you can only do in MP by messing around with private servers. But what do I know, I'm a scrub.

Hence your short sighted sarcastic comment earlier.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Ethario wrote:First time im planning to try out online when sigma hits.

What happens after the season to these characters. I heard they go "non" ladder, does that mean I can keep playing them in singleplayer locally ?
I don't always have the most time to play so I have my doubts about playing online (are droprates higher in sp ?)

All characters on realm will be wiped because they will not be compatible.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
GreyRook wrote:
Aero wrote:its a full wipe. no characters will exist that are compatible with any previous version.

And the stash will be extremely limited, and we'll have to use hacks (or 'muling') to transfer items between characters... Sigma sounds like a real mixed blessing.

Just because you don't know how to do something doesn't make it a "hack"
zeitzi
Rust Claw
85 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
i didnt find the exact way of crafting lifesteal jewels in the guides apparently ...
They're essential and I try farming K3K , and i manage to kill and farm a bit, but i am dying a lot ...

Could somebody help me here with this ? which runes do i need for that?
Ethario
Rust Claw
82 | 4
notforkeeps wrote:
Ethario wrote:First time im planning to try out online when sigma hits.

All characters on realm will be wiped because they will not be compatible.

Sorry if my question wasn't clear. After sigma season 1 what happens to my chars can I continue offline (barring huge updates)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
GreyRook wrote:

Easy: The launcher allows you to start 2 instances of the game. With one go to "other multiplayer"--> "TCP/IP game" and create a game. With the other one, go to local multiplayer and join the game by entering your own LAN IP adress. Basically like this:

► Show Spoiler

And then just join to mule. The LAN game connection has been greatly improved compared to cLoD, so you'll connect within a couple of seconds instead of waiting for a minute.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
zeitzi wrote:i didnt find the exact way of crafting lifesteal jewels in the guides apparently ...
They're essential and I try farming K3K , and i manage to kill and farm a bit, but i am dying a lot ...

Could somebody help me here with this ? which runes do i need for that?

Ber rune.

The jewel crafting is explained a bit further down on this page: https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/cube
zeitzi
Rust Claw
85 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
not really gonna drop on hatred, and i struggle K3K terror ... so whats the tactic? playing and dying 500 times till i get the rune to craft, and luckily keep on doing this with 20 death less per rune? :D

I thought with 300k Def i am going good .. any other ideas on how to craft them "quicker" than farming level 11 runes on hatred and combine them?