Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Khran
Vampiress
38 | 4
Assuming there will be a launcher update, will the current one auto-update or should we re-download once it's time?
Mordekaiser
Prowler
16 | 0
I've never played a barbarian before (in any version of Diablo, median or otherwise) and think I'm going to take one through Sigma so I'm getting some practice in now and have a few questions:

Do "stances" in this game work like auras? Do I just need to have the skill selected and I get the effect (and lose it if I switch it out?)
How do weapon only skills (deathgaze or Iron spiral) work with dual wielding? If I use a very heavy damage one handed sword and a very weak 1 handed axe, will my deathgaze still proc and use the high end damage of the sword, or will it always attack with the axe? Will it work at all?

If dual wield attacks alternate, will any weapon bonuses I have on my offhand weapon only work when I swing with that weapon (such as chance on hit procs, chance on kill procs, and stuff like +X amount of cold damage, would any of this apply to the weapon that isnt swinging since its just applying to my character sheet? or Am i way off?)
Edited by Mordekaiser 5 years.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Mordekaiser wrote:Do "stances" in this game work like auras? Do I just need to have the skill selected and I get the effect (and lose it if I switch it out?)
yes . you will have the stance on right click and you will attack with left click only , as long as you got a stance on
Mordekaiser wrote:How do weapon only skills (deathgaze or Iron spiral) work with dual wielding? If I use a very heavy damage one handed sword and a very weak 1 handed axe, will my deathgaze still proc and use the high end damage of the sword, or will it always attack with the axe? Will it work at all?
they work with dual wielding , but not in the way you think (or wish) - you only proc from the main weapon , reason why dual wielders are kind of dead/useless since a few patches ago - dual wielding was broken and never worked as intended , neither for the barbarians , neither for the assassins .
Mordekaiser wrote:stuff like +X amount of cold damage, would apply to the main weapon from the offhand ?
they don't alternate , but some of the stats on the offhand weapon are calculated for the main hand attack - not all of them - reason why most of the times you are better off using a shield . if you use the search function of the forum , there is a list posted a few times before with all things that are counting from the offhand .
arkolyno
Acid Prince
49 | 1
will the documentation be updated when sigma launches?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
arkolyno wrote:will the documentation be updated when sigma launches?

There is a high probability this will be the case
arkolyno
Acid Prince
49 | 1
RequiemLux wrote:
arkolyno wrote:will the documentation be updated when sigma launches?

There is a high probability this will be the case

Alright, cheers and good luck with the project.
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Does anyone understand the lockout timers on some levels? Does that mean you can't enter them again ever or just again in that game?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Just in that game. It wouldn't make sense for Ubers to be locked out permanently.
TheError
Rust Claw
82 | 1
Gonna be the first time I'll play MXL online since PlugY doesn't work anymore, also was a reason to finally register here. ^^

I probably will try Apocalypse oskill for the first time. While I'm mostly seeing paladins wanting to use it, assassin should work fine too right? It can get Apocalypse on both shield and boots so it should be strong.
conquerlol123
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
Will Sigma be able to be played offline? Are there any setbacks for not being online? My internet is very unreliable.