Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Fenric
Thunder Beetle
58 | 0
BaraLover wrote:
Fenric wrote:Is it possible to disable the friends list login/join game notifications?

Try going into Notification Settings and disabling "Friends activity whispers".

Thanks, somehow I missed it.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
WTF is going on in the Belial fight? Having no trouble staying alive, but not sure why his Life bar keeps fluctuating so drastically. Is that part of his "Lord of Lies" motif?

Edit:
Huh. Guess I killed him. :shrug:
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:WTF is going on in the Belial fight? Having no trouble staying alive, but not sure why his Life bar keeps fluctuating so drastically. Is that part of his "Lord of Lies" motif?

Edit:

I tried this fight once. He keeps spawning belials forever and ever if you kill all if em fast enough it's so stupid
Edited by Bagboy_Brown 5 years.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Gmon9x wrote:Im curious if all stats have a maximum boost allowed per item? For example, I believe enhanced defense caps out at 200%. Is there a cap for everything? I'm most curious about spell damage like +fire spell damage% I don't want to waste precious level cap space on my gear with mystic orbs if I am at a cap.

There is no cap on spell damage. However how efficient it is depends on your -enemy resist. Make sure to keep both on about the same level until about -100 or something. Everything else is a bonus, though more -enemy resist most likely isn't worth more than -100.

As for which stats are item capped:
ED (you can still surpass it with sockets)

And which stats are capped in total at a certain percentage:
50% physical resist
75% minion resist
Slow target is capped at 25% against bosses, and I think it was 75% against normal enemies, but I'm not 100% sure about the latter.

I think that's it.

Solfege wrote:WTF is going on in the Belial fight? Having no trouble staying alive, but not sure why his Life bar keeps fluctuating so drastically. Is that part of his "Lord of Lies" motif?

Edit:

Yeah Belial spawns illusions of himself while hiding as a rat and running away. Those illusions also have a life bar for bosses for themselves.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:Yeah Belial spawns illusions of himself while hiding as a rat and running away. Those illusions also have a life bar for bosses for themselves.

Ok. A few questions then:
1. Can you damage Belial in his rat form?
2. Is the real Belial the one that's a different color (and if so, what color is he)?
3. Can you kill the illusions?
4. Since the illusions have their own boss Life bars, is there any way to tell which Life bar belongs to the real Belial?

As I said, I can't really tell what's going on here. :)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Solfege wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Yeah Belial spawns illusions of himself while hiding as a rat and running away. Those illusions also have a life bar for bosses for themselves.

Ok. A few questions then:
1. Can you damage Belial in his rat form?
2. Is the real Belial the one that's a different color (and if so, what color is he)?
3. Can you kill the illusions?
4. Since the illusions have their own boss Life bars, is there any way to tell which Life bar belongs to the real Belial?

As I said, I can't really tell what's going on here. :)

No problem!
1) Yes you can.
2) Yes, he has a different light radius. It's purple (though I don't know what it looks like in color blind mode). If you pause the following video at 1:32 - 1:33 you can see him to the right in he corner. That little ratfink is really hard to find with the eyes:
► Show Spoiler

3) Yes. Maybe you want to do that eventually so the illusions don't stack their damage because Belial can summon more of them. They are easier to kill than Belial himself though.
4) Well... so far there's only one option I've noticed: If you walk away (in my case to resummon) the first bar that will appear belongs to the first Belial illusion you'll encounter. Other than that - nope.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Awesome. Thanks.
Ronthar
Azure Drake
165 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'm making an Honorific gauntlet I plan on Lucky rolling and Blessing till I get the gg rolls and once done placing 12x Essence of Ithrael UMOs (eventually).

Will this work? Can that many be used/is there a limit/will the stats cap before all 12 are placed?

Thanks for any info!
chancetofreeze
Skeleton
2 | 0
Is it intended that the increased buff duration stat does not increase the duration of the stone form buff granted by Idol of Scosglen?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Ronthar wrote:I'm making an Honorific gauntlet I plan on Lucky rolling and Blessing till I get the gg rolls and once done placing 12x Essence of Ithrael UMOs (eventually).

Will this work? Can that many be used/is there a limit/will the stats cap before all 12 are placed?

Thanks for any info!

There is no limit to how many UMO's of the same type you can add to an item. The stats of that umo aren't capped either.

chancetofreeze wrote:Is it intended that the increased buff duration stat does not increase the duration of the stone form buff granted by Idol of Scosglen?

Increased Buff duration only works on buffs that don't need an increased buff duration. So basically that affix is a trap and completely useless. Don't invest into it. As for why: I assume it's because of balance reasons, though that's not a valid reason anymore ever since sacred armor was reworked (it used to make you invulnerable. Combined with increased buff duration and cooldown reduction you were able to be permanently invulnerable).

So yeah, I'm pretty sure that affix will be removed at some point because the way it is now, it's completely useless.