Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
chancetofreeze
Skeleton
2 | 0
Increased Buff duration only works on buffs that don't need an increased buff duration. So basically that affix is a trap and completely useless. Don't invest into it. As for why: I assume it's because of balance reasons, though that's not a valid reason anymore ever since sacred armor was reworked (it used to make you invulnerable. Combined with increased buff duration and cooldown reduction you were able to be permanently invulnerable).

So yeah, I'm pretty sure that affix will be removed at some point because the way it is now, it's completely useless.

Ok, thanks. It seems like that's the kind of information that should be readily available so someone doesn't say MO all of their jewelry expecting it to work :lol: .
pathofvault
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
where are the portals for anya scrolls?
i forgot about one in normal baal
where are the other two. dont wana hit 110 yet to save a couple shards
cant seem to find it on wiki pls help!
OnlyForFun
Cog
203 | 18
Its act 5 Crystalline Passage , then search Frozen River location , in the end of location you will find Anya , Malah will give you reward for saving her
pathofvault
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
malah does give you a "scroll of resistance" which needs "sun stone" made in cube to aquire the resistances.
i skipped this during the leveling process and am now going to have to spend 10 crystals idiotocly

anyway where is the nightmare / hell portals for these other two ones?
Pandaren-Wolf
Skeleton
3 | 1
Cannot really find anything reliable on the internet so was hoping someone can shed some light into the following:

"15% Ctc lvl 5 Javelin on Striking"

1. What is "Javelin"? Just a normal Javelin Throw? Must be more than that I guess since it has varying levels. What's the damage? Is it AOE or Single Target? What damage type?
2. Ctc = Chance to cast right? Is this spell automatically cast if it procs? Or does my character have to perform a cast-animation?
3. "on Striking" works for range as well? I have seen someone saying yes but could you confirm please?

Lovely thanks in advance :)
Liobal
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Stormfront as an o-skill is still in the affix database for scepters. Has anyone successfully rolled a scepter with stormfront or is that information outdated? I used 20-30 shrines without getting the affix, which might or might not be an indicator.
Syade9112
Cultist
20 | 2
How is total max life calculated? My barb do have 7853 vitality and +122% maximum life, but only 38 072 total life
TTraw1
Thunder Beetle
53 | 2
Pandaren-Wolf wrote:Cannot really find anything reliable on the internet so was hoping someone can shed some light into the following:

"15% Ctc lvl 5 Javelin on Striking"

1. What is "Javelin"? Just a normal Javelin Throw? Must be more than that I guess since it has varying levels. What's the damage? Is it AOE or Single Target? What damage type?
2. Ctc = Chance to cast right? Is this spell automatically cast if it procs? Or does my character have to perform a cast-animation?
3. "on Striking" works for range as well? I have seen someone saying yes but could you confirm please?

Lovely thanks in advance :)

1. Just normal Javelin throw. It deals weapon damage (not sure what % of it). Level does almost nothing, it is here to differentiate it from other Jav procs, since different levels can proc all at once, and having the same level is simply additive to % chance
2. Yes. Yes. No.
3. On striking works on everything that deals weapon damage. It can be ranged or melee, and multihitting skills will proc it more often.
Pandaren-Wolf
Skeleton
3 | 1
Thank you TTrwal! :)
TTraw1
Thunder Beetle
53 | 2
Pandaren-Wolf wrote:TTrwal! :)

Nice typo. That's how I will call my next character. Lol

Question from me: Broadside-based nagisin, any tips and suggestions? I am struggling with it.