Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
I read that SP gets better drops than 'multiplayer'. Does that mean if I make a TCP/IP game that the drops are worse than if I make a SP game or is it only for online play (TSW realms)?
Daegon
Skeleton
3 | 0
Can an item have both a lucky bonus and lottery bonus applied? I mean can both be tried on an item, or is it the case if I attempt the lucky bonus and whether it fails or succeeds it says 'Already upgraded' and I can never try/succeed on a lottery bonus as well?
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Crash wrote:its an aura when equipped, not an oskill, so i ts not affected by +skills.

base points are points you actually click stats into, not +stats or %

The aura was proven to work with the +stats from Tundra walker set so Im assuming it works with + stats.
Kalight
Skeleton
2 | 0
So I'm trying to make a Bow Druid work, currently at lvl 121. Is there any SU's / Shrines I should be looking out for? I've had a look about but there doesn't seem to be much info on this kicking about.
Celladoor
Rust Claw
85 | 0
DefQon1 wrote:Thanks for the quick answers guys, much obliged!

ChuckNoRis wrote: i remember 12 years ago when i started to play median that i used to like killing everything on the map before proceeding further :lol: nothing remained behind me , just corpses :lol:

That sounds just like me, and not only Median, but vanilla D2 too. :mrgreen:

Sometimes it pays off. I was doing signet runs in Halls on my barb and there was a single mob left in the corner w 1/4 hp left. I ran to it. Merc killed it. Bam. Skin of Kabraxis. :) I kill everything on my screen. You never know. Have had several belladonnas drop like this too... but in Normal; cold plains. Haha. I always burst out laughing when I get a belladonna drop in a place like Normal den of evil or cold plains. Its just so out of place.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Kalight wrote:So I'm trying to make a Bow Druid work, currently at lvl 121. Is there any SU's / Shrines I should be looking out for? I've had a look about but there doesn't seem to be much info on this kicking about.

Mr. Painless
Mr. Painless
Recurve Bow (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (222 - 244) to (369 - 393)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 725
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.19 per Dexterity)%
9% Chance to cast level 50 Punisher Bolt on Striking
+4 to Druid Skill Levels
40% Attack Speed
Adds 25-150 Damage
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
-(25 to 30)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Slow Target (21 to 25)%
+100 to Dexterity
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (6)
Natha (Xis)
, amongst others.
Ronthar
Azure Drake
165 | 6
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Daegon wrote:Can an item have both a lucky bonus and lottery bonus applied? I mean can both be tried on an item, or is it the case if I attempt the lucky bonus and whether it fails or succeeds it says 'Already upgraded' and I can never try/succeed on a lottery bonus as well?

You can only try once regaurdless of which is attempted or the outcome. Once either is attempted the item will display "Already Upgraded" at which point neither can be attempted again.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
PlayerOne wrote:I read that SP gets better drops than 'multiplayer'. Does that mean if I make a TCP/IP game that the drops are worse than if I make a SP game or is it only for online play (TSW realms)?

There in no difference between SP and TCP/IP drop rates, when people talk about multiplayer they are usually referring to TSW.
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Is there a cap on XP from Fautz once you hit lvl 140? I've been mfing a fair amount recently, mostly in Dunc/Fautz and noticed that I've gained zero XP from Dunc or Fautz once I hit 140 a few days ago. Vizjun seems to give XP, but it's a 130 zone just like Fautz. Did they cap XP from fautz at 140 because they didn't want it to be the only place people farmed in the end game?
Daegon
Skeleton
3 | 0
Ronthar wrote:
Daegon wrote:Can an item have both a lucky bonus and lottery bonus applied? I mean can both be tried on an item, or is it the case if I attempt the lucky bonus and whether it fails or succeeds it says 'Already upgraded' and I can never try/succeed on a lottery bonus as well?

You can only try once regaurdless of which is attempted or the outcome. Once either is attempted the item will display "Already Upgraded" at which point neither can be attempted again.

Thanks for the reply mate