Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Phroximus
Cultist
20 | 1
Does natalya's deception drop from duncraig?
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
Phroximus wrote:Does natalya's deception drop from duncraig?

drop but the chance is low
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Solfege wrote:
1. Iirc, Fire damage triggers hit recovery more often than other damage types. If true, what are the conditions under which this happens (e.g. is it a Life vs. damage thing, or just an innate part of Fire damage)?
iirc , if your fire spell damage removes at least 1/12 (i am not 100% sure about this value) of the opponent's max hp , the opponent will go into hit recovery . the best you can spot this is by using Apocalypse oskill in a large pack of opponents
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
How is elemental sorc doing nowadays? I've been jumping from build to build, trying to find something enjoyable, not much success so far after 4 characters at 115. Yesterday I started a light/fire sorc, wondering if it has the potential of being any good. Forked lightning is alright, but Tstone is very unimpressive - 1p immersion deals more lmao. I could be using flamestrike instead I guess, but then focusing on 2 elements instead of one means less damage overall...

Anyway, the questions are: is light sorc any good, is fire a good 2nd tree to pick or should I go with something else, or just fuck it all and roll mana/melee sorc?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Frytas wrote:How is elemental sorc doing nowadays? I've been jumping from build to build, trying to find something enjoyable, not much success so far after 4 characters at 115. Yesterday I started a light/fire sorc, wondering if it has the potential of being any good. Forked lightning is alright, but Tstone is very unimpressive - 1p immersion deals more lmao. I could be using flamestrike instead I guess, but then focusing on 2 elements instead of one means less damage overall...

Anyway, the questions are: is light sorc any good, is fire a good 2nd tree to pick or should I go with something else, or just fuck it all and roll mana/melee sorc?
i haven't enjoyed a good elemental sorc (without summons) since quite long ago . it's ok-ish to level up to around 110 , but after that it's mediocre and eventualy crapy . she either does not deal enough damage or can't tank well enough . the hybrids have the most chances of success (ice elementals + Blade spirits + acid fiends + one main spell to spam ) , but not so fun/easy to play as you are keeping your fingers very busy casting + summoning all the time . Besides the melee and some mana builds , the sorceress elemental caster builds are not shining . And ofc. lightning is crap . besides the warp armor tu suit the melee , the other spells are far from what that skill tree is expected to do , i never consider it as an option when going as caster .
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Frytas wrote:How is elemental sorc doing nowadays? I've been jumping from build to build, trying to find something enjoyable, not much success so far after 4 characters at 115. Yesterday I started a light/fire sorc, wondering if it has the potential of being any good. Forked lightning is alright, but Tstone is very unimpressive - 1p immersion deals more lmao. I could be using flamestrike instead I guess, but then focusing on 2 elements instead of one means less damage overall...

i haven't enjoyed a good elemental sorc (without summons) since quite long ago . it's ok-ish to level up to around 110 , but after that it's mediocre and eventualy crapy . she either does not deal enough damage or can't tank well enough . the hybrids have the most chances of success (ice elementals + Blade spirits + acid fiends + one main spell to spam ) , but not so fun/easy to play as you are keeping your fingers very busy casting + summoning all the time . Besides the melee and some mana builds , the sorceress elemental caster builds are not shining . And ofc. lightning is crap . besides the warp armor tu suit the melee , the other spells are far from what that skill tree is expected to do , i never consider it as an option when going as caster .

Well that sucks. Thank you though, saved me a lot of time and probably frustration as well. Gotta think of a different build then.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Frytas wrote:How is elemental sorc doing nowadays?

Kinda agree with Chuck's assessment. Elemental Caster Sorcs are playable, but seem dull atm. If you want a top-tier Sorc, go Mana. If you want something utilitarian, go Melee.

That said, I've been playing around with a Fire Sorc (Pyroblast). Doing the 115 Ubers atm and it's surprisingly decent so far. Boss-killing is fast, but farming/XP grinding is slow. Also, I think Ben- has been using a Cold Sorc (Abyss) successfully for awhile now.
Agirai
Prowler
17 | 0
Where should I farm Shadowfiend and Goetia Plate SSUs? Thanks.
Edited by Agirai 4 years.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Agirai wrote:Where should I farm
Shadowfiend
Shadowfiend
Marrow Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 45 to 49
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 275
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.06 per Strength)%
+8 to Necromancer Skill Levels
(50 to 70)% Cast Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+100% to Summoned Minion Life
+(125 to 200)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+(25 to 50)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+(100 to 130) Life after each Kill
10% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (6)
and
Goetia Plate
Goetia Plate
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (8467 - 9339) to (10376 - 11445)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 700
Item Level: 120
+3 to All Skills
+1 to Maximum Necromancer Minions
+(151 to 200)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(51 to 75)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+150 Life Regenerated per Second
+750 to Life
+375 to Mana
-4 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)
SSU's? Thanks.

You can not target farm items, but SSUs drop only from lvl117 areas and above. Duncraig has increased chance to drop sacred items.
Stigzy
Cultist
21 | 0
I have a SU great sword...Is there a way/recipe to re-roll this to possibly get the other SU great sword?