nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Istaryu wrote:
nobrainnopain wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
nobrainnopain wrote:My poison & summoning druid now has to decide which reward skill he takes. Seemingly force of nature is useless because it does not support poiosn (only my 1pt boss killer rain of fire) and also faerie fire because it depends on wepaon damage. Or do i miss something?

Force of nature adds elemental dmg to your weapon, not inculuding poison, but it also gives you strenght factor, which boosts your all your spell damage.

ok ..... and Tremor is not a good option?

I dont know, but whats wrong with free spell dmg? :D

:roll: :D
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
whats more useful on my merc: slow target or slow attacker? and whats the exactly difference?
Giu
Core Lord
390 | 61
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
nobrainnopain wrote:whats more useful on my merc: slow target or slow attacker? and whats the exactly difference?

slow target and bruh, attacker = slow when attacked, target = slow target.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
nobrainnopain wrote:whats more useful on my merc: slow target or slow attacker? and whats the exactly difference?

- Slows target = whatever you (or in this case, the merc) are hitting gets slowed.

- Slows attackers = whatever is hitting you is slowed

My understanding though is that slow only works with weapon damage skills so it depends on which merc you're using - Act 3 caster mercs would get no benefit from "slows target" modifiers. And probably not much from slows attacker.

I think it's also limited on bosses, something like 25% iirc?
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Actually i play a casting and summoning druid with a5 merc.
So maybe slow on my merc is not so helpful? hmmm ... and if not, what would be a better idea?
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
I'm no expert, but most seem to play A5 merc although they got a Str nerf in patch.

His Thunderslam may be able to spread slow from items, not sure. So you just get something with Slows Target on it. But he doesn;t cast it very often or when you want it from my experience of using A5 merc.

I don't think any merc has aoe WDM damage, but if you want merc to slow you can get items that proc some kind of WDM skill on striking/kill/death blow (such as Spike Nova) and also of course have the Slows Target mod. There's a SU chest that has these (razorspine?).

Or you can get one that spreads the Chronofield oskill on striking/kill etc (I forget the name - Time Dilation or something?). I think it's basically Chronofield with a different name when it's a skill from an item.

I have also used A1 Priestess with Phantom rw for cc. Glacial nova - but A1 won't tank for you if you need that.

Hope that helps.
Edited by Grasshopper 4 years.
Giu
Core Lord
390 | 61
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
nobrainnopain wrote:Actually i play a casting and summoning druid with a5 merc.
So maybe slow on my merc is not so helpful? hmmm ... and if not, what would be a better idea?

As a druid a2 shapeshifter would be a good option for bloodlust buff, a3 abjurer if you want damage from merc, a2 fighter mage for chronofield with some glacial nova proc gear is good cc.

Just keep in mind you want str for a2 merc too, and buff duration for abjurer.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
I think I will try the chronofield etc. version ..... thx for your help :)
iskin000111
Destroyer
7 | 0
For example: 25% Chance to cast level 62 Elemental on Kill
does the damage from your spells affect?
-% enemy resistance?
+ skills from your items?
iskin000111
Destroyer
7 | 0
Various bonuses in various items )