Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Daerouie
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
I never tried Shrine Crafting yet. Is it the same as runeword creation where I should prioritize using the highest possible base item? What factors should I be considering?
FuriousBEAR
Cog
204 | 11
Daerouie wrote:I never tried Shrine Crafting yet. Is it the same as runeword creation where I should prioritize using the highest possible base item? What factors should I be considering?

you can only shrine craft sacred rares

Rare/Crafted Sacred item + Shrine → reroll item as crafted + Shrine (-1 charge)
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
Deak2112 wrote:cut

Hell difficulty is actually where the game starts because of the uber areas in which you will spend your time, the main quest line is irrelevant save for the free skill/attribute rewards along the way, leveling was fast until now to get to around 100 and see how you should play your character but it gets much slower from now on by comparison, and you will need to grind xp in order to access the next set of uber areas. So get charms as soon as you can, some have attributes you may need to start wearing sacred tier gear, +max skills, +max life/mana, even %xp gain, and lots of other stuff you really need to progress further. Also i recommend you see the uber progression in this guide viewtopic.php?f=40&t=22675 to easily find the ubers, and then check docs for more info if you have trouble in some areas.

Daerouie wrote:cut

By crafting you are rerolling the item affixes and guaranteeing certain affixes with the shrine you chose to use. So just the type of item matters for stuff like weapon speed, range of damage, maybe movement speed relevant to body armor type and sometimes STR/DEX requirements, because you want to be able to equip them sooner rather than later (when you may not need to spend any points into STR/DEX because you have free ones from the charms).
zephxd
Invader
9 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
What res number am i looking for on the merc, if using d2stats? Right now it says 180%, but what are the exact number to be capped for him in hell? :D
Yo_Muthas_Busch
Destroyer
7 | 0
It would be cool if the Amazon's Fire Elementals were changed into Vanilla D2's Valkyrie Models. Like keep the stats and synergies the same but just have the character a Valkyrie Summon. I miss having that unkillable extra meat shield.
supersage10
Azure Drake
164 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
zephxd wrote:What res number am i looking for on the merc, if using d2stats? Right now it says 180%, but what are the exact number to be capped for him in hell? :D

All mercy have zero res don’t use d2stats it’s wrong bugged they need to have 75 and as much phsy res as I can put on them
zephxd
Invader
9 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
supersage10 wrote:
zephxd wrote:What res number am i looking for on the merc, if using d2stats? Right now it says 180%, but what are the exact number to be capped for him in hell? :D

All mercy have zero res don’t use d2stats it’s wrong bugged they need to have 75 and as much phsy res as I can put on them

Alright, so 75 res added to their base, and then phys, got it! =) Thanks!
LuckyOzzy
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
How does thorn strike work? Is it a spell or a range attack? Does mana on attack proc with this skill?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
it's a ranged attack . it does not trigger "on attack" procs or life/mana on attack , it only benefits from "on striking" and "after kill" procs , %life leech, %mana leech , life and mana after kill , life on striking/mana on striking
OhIsThatSo
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Crash wrote:awkward

Are there any builds on it? Would it be good with magic missles now that bloodstorm doesn't seem to be a thing?