Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
revolut1oN
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Does Astrogha's darkspawns have some kind of 1 hit ko attack? Sometimes they kill me with 1 hit even though my druid has 400k Def and 15k life.
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
No. If you destroy a spider statue you become cursed and get 1 hit killed by anything.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
revolut1oN wrote:Does Astrogha's darkspawns have some kind of 1 hit ko attack? Sometimes they kill me with 1 hit even though my druid has 400k Def and 15k life.

If you kill a spider statue you get a debuff which slows you down and grants you getting killed by any attack (even traps from chests/walls can one-shot your tanky druid in that case).
revolut1oN
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Thanks for reply mate. Im having great problems with Astrogha now, maybe any advice? I have some SUs and crafts and I'm reaching 58-70k dmg with elemental after buffs, even more with Acid Fiends (i supermaxed those, I dont use them vs Astro though as they kill statues all the time and force that MoFo to cast his freeze nova). To sum up I can't kill him fast enough to prevent healing from shrines. Any ideas?

Survivability is not a problem unless i smash them statues as I have (as mentioned) 400k def, 15k hp and 20% avoid.

edit: well, i did it but holy crap, it was far from one shooting him. Took me about 30 minutes to rape that assclown. Trophy is only +360, but thats decent enough for me now.
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
frw breakpoint ?
frw breakpoint in superbeast morph?
Monkey King
264 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Sprow wrote:frw breakpoint ?
frw breakpoint in superbeast morph?

You mean fhr?
http://median-xl.com/tools.php
speed calculator in java

200 fhr for 7frame in superbeast
Belenub
Destroyer
6 | 0
"Q: How is Fortress with Stances treated by MXL? Is it treated as a spell? Is it treated as a minion? Is it treated as a ranged attack? Would it benefit from poison duration?
A: Fortress is basically a complicated missile chain. The towers are actually immobile missiles, just like Bloodstorm. As such, they are considered a "spell". Stances don't affect them but since stances affect YOU, Fortress does benefit from stances. Similarly, Bloodstorm benefits from your own Bloodlust. " - taken from "Less Frequently Asked Questions" thread.

So, the towers are basically spells affected by stances bonuses... but still doesn't know how does they work with stances...

- In case of Kraken stance, Fortress actually get the rainbow dmg? or only get the dmg bonus as physical dmg?
- If I am in Kraken stance, then cast Fortress, and then change to Snake Stance, Fortress will keep Kraken Stance bonuses, or all the towers already in screen will take the Snake Stance bonuses?

Right now, this is my offensive skill sequence: Kraken Stance > Fortress > Snake Stance > Thunderslam > Kraken Stance > Stormblast

So this take me to another question... Stormblast convert the Kraken Stance rainbow dmg to lighting?

That's all for now... cya :)
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Fortress towers deal 3/4 of your weapon damage per arrow. So this means that stuff which increases YOUR weapon damage increases in turn the damage of the fortress arrows (but not %spell damage, even if the character sheet is trying to convince you otherwise).

- Kraken stance adds flat elemental damage, so it works with Fortress.
- They won't keep the bonus. Missiles which deal damage calculate their damage from your stats at the moment of creation.

Lastly - stormblast does not convert the added elemental damage from kraken stance. It is clearly written on the skill description that it converts only physical damage.
Alkaiser
Balrog
122 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
What kind of damage does Mana Sweep do? I'm assuming physical, but I'm not sure at all. I am currently making a sorc build using that skill.
LordHaari
Jungle Hunter
26 | 1
How exactly does (Baal's) Shardspawns' death spell work? The runic glyphs floating when they die function in what way?