Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
GiNattak
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hi there! Just found out about this mod today and I'm quite sold on it already.
Couple questions...

1) If I install/patch my game, will I still be able to play the regular version over bnet online with my current and ongoing account?

2) Does playing this online require using a new legit CD-KEY? Currently I'm somewhat ashamed to say I'm using a 'found online' old hijacked CD-KEY, that only works on the Asian server lol... I'm just getting back into really playing D2 and did not feel like buying a new key/cds after having had already purchased it so long ago when it was popular, and having my main character with countless hours of items equipped 'pop' one day while battling Uber Diablo for the first time, watching other players take all my precious loot. :( So I threw in the towel and smashed my cd and case with the key, you see.

Thanks.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
GiNattak
Skeleton
3 | 0
Thank you.

So here's where I'm at now:
I copied/replaced the patch in the D2 folder with the mod patch, and I have the BNGateway up and running with the correct server info imputed (realm.median-xl.com) and it's selected. All seems good with the mod and things were going surprisingly smooth, but when I go to Multiplayer, Gateway: The Sin War in-game, I'm getting a 'Battlenet is unable to properly identify your Diablo 2 application version.' error.

Would anyone be so kind as to help me get past this? I pray that it's a common one, as I'm super hyped to start playing this incredible mod!
I am running the latest 1.14d version.

Thanks.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
GiNattak wrote:I am running the latest 1.14d version.

Did you use the new launcher? There are several threads about how to install it with this version.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4150

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1216

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1181
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Also don't forget to run as admin
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
GiNattak wrote:Thank you.

So here's where I'm at now:
I copied/replaced the patch in the D2 folder with the mod patch, and I have the BNGateway up and running with the correct server info imputed (realm.median-xl.com) and it's selected. All seems good with the mod and things were going surprisingly smooth, but when I go to Multiplayer, Gateway: The Sin War in-game, I'm getting a 'Battlenet is unable to properly identify your Diablo 2 application version.' error.

Would anyone be so kind as to help me get past this? I pray that it's a common one, as I'm super hyped to start playing this incredible mod!
I am running the latest 1.14d version.

Thanks.

The Sin War realm runs on the 1.13c version.

Follow this (Menu --> Multiplayer --> Join): https://tsw.median-xl.com/join
Or use the new launcher (beta), as Nitz said: http://get.median-xl.com/launcher

When you need to play on normal bnet, just run this reg, which restores blizz gateways: http://tsw.median-xl.com/BattleNet.zip

It's best if you had separate D2 folders for cLoD and Median.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
GiNattak
Skeleton
3 | 0
Thank you fellas, I was successfully able to log in.
Looking very much forward to getting familiar with this fresh new D2!
Appreciate the help. :)
Dmitriy Of
Vampiress
37 | 1
Does druid passive for bows also boost damage of wdm procs(SoR/knives/spike novas etc)?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Dmitriy Of wrote:Does druid passive for bows also boost damage of wdm procs(SoR/knives/spike novas etc)?

It boosts bow damage itself so if SoR. spike nova, etc. was procd by bow - then yes 'cause it's wdm skills/procs so they'll carry your wepen damage.
Dmitriy Of
Vampiress
37 | 1
Thanks! Really, even with crappy gear with such bow and arrows i clear easy ubers pretty fast(beside some lags):
► Show Spoiler

:)