Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
viperosa
Balrog
131 | 0
was looking at this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4561 and i realized my median wasn't up to date
luckily i had a backup of my patch_d2.mpq because if i overwrite it my game will not load
the error is caused by an item in the _LOD_SharedStashSave.sss but i have no idea what that item could be
(i know it's that because i backed it up and deleted it and then the game would load)
will have to sort my stash out and figure out which item is doing that but it might take some time

there is stuff that still isn't updated or perhaps different in game even with the new .mpq
like bloodbath, my game says heals 3% life when you kill an enemy but copied from here http://dev.median-xl.com/?script=skillcalc tooltip is
Heals 5% life when you kill an enemy. Claw Block Chance: 1 percent per 50 dexterity. Duration: 5.24 seconds
also the shattered stone runeword does not have 50% attack speed and there are probably more things that are different

question is, are these broken for me or are the docs out of date?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
viperosa wrote:was looking at this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4561 and i realized my median wasn't up to date
luckily i had a backup of my patch_d2.mpq because if i overwrite it my game will not load
the error is caused by an item in the _LOD_SharedStashSave.sss but i have no idea what that item could be
(i know it's that because i backed it up and deleted it and then the game would load)
will have to sort my stash out and figure out which item is doing that but it might take some time

there is stuff that still isn't updated or perhaps different in game even with the new .mpq
like bloodbath, my game says heals 3% life when you kill an enemy but copied from here http://dev.median-xl.com/?script=skillcalc tooltip is
Heals 5% life when you kill an enemy. Claw Block Chance: 1 percent per 50 dexterity. Duration: 5.24 seconds
also the shattered stone runeword does not have 50% attack speed and there are probably more things that are different

question is, are these broken for me or are the docs out of date?

If you have pre-M2017 items in your SS, they're incompatible with M2017. Thus, the SS error. Either that, or your SS is corrupted.

That Skill Calc page is pre-M2017. It hasn't been updated, which is why Bloodbath is different there than in-game.
Shattered Stone
as it's listed in the Docs is wrong, but the BBCode version is correct. Might wanna post that in the Docs Bugs thread.
borenas
Skeleton
3 | 0
How much defense now does barb actually need to always have ~5%ctbh?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
borenas wrote:How much defense now does barb actually need to always have ~5%ctbh?

It's not class-specific, but in the character sheet, like 700-800k maybe, depending on what area you're in.
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
Killed Dest Diablo and got swirlies? Couldn't find anything in docs or forums, was I supposed to cube something?
viperosa
Balrog
131 | 0
thanks Solfege, I will try to pinpoint the item in my stash that is causing the incompatibility and remove it so I can play latest median version
viperosa
Balrog
131 | 0
BTracer wrote:Killed Dest Diablo and got swirlies? Couldn't find anything in docs or forums, was I supposed to cube something?

you must get seal of darkness and cube it with demonsbane and you will get +1 to void which is an uber quest
after killing dest diablo you have 30 seconds to open the void so that is where the swirl came from
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
viperosa wrote:
you must get seal of darkness and cube it with demonsbane and you will get +1 to void which is an uber quest
after killing dest diablo you have 30 seconds to open the void so that is where the swirl came from

Thanks!
Kaido
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Can innate skills (like Vindicate or Burning Veil) spawn on Cornerstones? Is there a list of possible skills somewhere?
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Kaido wrote:Can innate skills (like Vindicate or Burning Veil) spawn on Cornerstones? Is there a list of possible skills somewhere?

Source: Kyromyr
► Show Spoiler