Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
holydiver
Invader
9 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
holydiver wrote:What are the best defensive MO's for paladins to use when you have max resist? Specifically I am the Blood Knight build. I feel I die too fast if I am not careful.

Ed until you reach the 200 ed cap. Flat damage reduction on rings and amulet if you didn‘t finish the brc yet, and FHR to reach a low enough hit recovery and fbr if you use a shield for maxblock.

Tcd won‘t give you that much because you already have lots thanks to tainted blood and terror strike. I take it that you have 85% all resist thanks to perfect gems?

Its a mix of pgems, equipment and MO's I used to get my res's.
paulyappe
Cultist
22 | 0
Are there any accessible low lvl oskills? Im playing a lvl 45 bloodzon and having a hard time against magic immunes...lava pit aoe is small
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
paulyappe wrote:Are there any accessible low lvl oskills? Im playing a lvl 45 bloodzon and having a hard time against magic immunes...lava pit aoe is small
you can get Apocalypse from the TU Magister for more AOE (it hits all screen but you need that from rare/magic boots too in order to be more efficient after level 60) . Replace with Brimstone or Pentagram later
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ChuckNoRis wrote:you can get Apocalypse from the TU Magister for more AOE (it hits all screen but you need that from rare/magic boots too in order to be more efficient after level 60) . Replace with Brimstone or Pentagram later

Why would you ever use fire based oskills on a bloodzon? That is unbelievably stupid.

paulyappe wrote:Are there any accessible low lvl oskills? Im playing a lvl 45 bloodzon and having a hard time against magic immunes...lava pit aoe is small

Why would you ever use fire based oskills on a bloodzon? That is unbelievably stupid.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
because they deal more damage and got more AOE without needing to go below 2/3 HP . stupid
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
It frees up more skillpoints for other skills, like Defensive Harmony or summon elementals --> higher survivability.

But I guess making anything chuck says look stupid without even thinking about it is the way to roll. GG
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:It frees up more skillpoints for other skills, like Defensive Harmony or summon elementals --> higher survivability.

But I guess making anything chuck says look stupid without even thinking about it is the way to roll. GG
indeed

► Show Spoiler
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
You guys know what really is stupid? Criticizing/calling out a variance in skill usage in a game that encourages using different skills, and that multiple people support such a hypocritical action. Especially so considering that a relatively new player asked for exactly that because the existing skills weren‘t satisfying.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
HechtHeftig wrote:It frees up more skillpoints for other skills, like Defensive Harmony or summon elementals --> higher survivability.

Defensive harmony is a 100% core skill of any squishy zon build by default and is alloted 15p no matter what.

Elementals are the absolute worst way you could possibly increase your survivability (even if you did.. which you don't.. have space in your itemization to increase their survivability), considering bloodzon is the one build that wants to get hit.

Properly built bloodzon has almost EXCESS of skillpoints by default.

HechtHeftig wrote:But I guess making anything chuck says look stupid without even thinking about it is the way to roll. GG

.. or maybe you should play the build (or at the very least understand the basics of it) before commenting? I was actually helping the poor newbie, you're just white knighting poop-tier advice.

ChuckNoRis wrote:because they deal more damage and got more AOE without needing to go below 2/3 HP . stupid

Why would you ever want to be above 2/3 life on a bloodzon that gets 25-30k+ life by default (tell me one sane reason that makes any logical sense)? Bacchanalia gives you a +280% ENERGY FACTOR DAMAGE BONUS to your spells. I guess you don't understand how energy factor works despite writing 38? guides for the game?

With ~500 energy your total damage multiplier from EF is ~ x2.8
With ~500 energy with blvl 28 bacchanalia under 2/3 you're getting x5.6
5.6/2.8 = 2 = !!! double damage !!!

This means losing 1/3 of your hp gives you equivalent bonus to +3.5k energy and +1k energy factor (meaning you can fully invest into vita for +6k+ hp). This means bacchanalia is the #1 skill on a bloodzon. You max it every time no questions asked. You want to be under 2/3 at all times, because you kill ~3 times faster due to increased AoE and damage and outclass any possible oskill variant in safety and killspeed.

magic missiles - best magic spell but worthless without 2/3 due to lack of AoE
balefire - weak late game no matter what you do
bloodstorm - best AoE fire spell but requires 2/3 for AoE and damage
lava pit - requires 2/3 for AoE and damage

This means none of the innate bloodzon spells are any good without bacchanalia benefit => logic => you're always going to be aiming for 2/3 hp even IF you went for oskills... which is idiotic because you're losing 3.5k energy and 1k energy factor. The only acceptable time to go full energy and EF on a bloodzon is the absolute supreme end game because you get way less returns from EF jewels / energy than a normal caster.

Then... in all your wisdom... you call me stupid and post random slvl pictures like it's some glass cannon imitation of a caster barb. Now I definitely know you've never played a bloodzon despite writing 3? guides for it?

HechtHeftig wrote:You guys know what really is stupid? Criticizing/calling out a variance in skill usage in a game that encourages using different skills, and that multiple people support such a hypocritical action. Especially so considering that a relatively new player asked for exactly that because the existing skills weren‘t satisfying.

Cry.
Edited by cowking 5 years.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
So you‘re helping a newbie by calling his question for different possible (!) skills to use stupid? That‘s not helping. That‘s only called being a dick.

And now you finally gave some real advise how you‘re actually supposed to do when answering questions of newbies. Too bad that most of that applies to a lvl 120 zon. However the new player is level 45! This still isn‘t helping him right now. It‘s not even answering his question to begin with, since chuck did that already.

And don‘t worry, I‘ve played this build often enough to be able to comment. Else I wouldn‘t do that lol. But guess what? There are multiple ways to play a single build. And you still didn‘t understand that your way isn‘t the only way. This game encourages using different skills and trying things out.