Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
bradr wrote:is there a way to change the rng seed number??
will re drawing the maps change seed??

bradr wrote:this is all in single player

Change your character, use other characters to farm, stack around 300%MF, play on /p8... and be patient.

Everything comes to you at the right moment :D
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
iamq1803 wrote:
bradr wrote:is there a way to change the rng seed number??
will re drawing the maps change seed??

bradr wrote:this is all in single player

Change your character, use other characters to farm, stack around 300%MF, play on /p8... and be patient.

Everything comes to you at the right moment :D

dont have other 120 this is my first and my MF is way over 600% for my merc and 300 for my pc merc makes 90% of kills anyways and i use lotsda greater greed potions hmm wiping map and .maX and having them all dre draw seems to have done the trick 40 runs with new maps and actually getting different items not seeing the same 6-8 an impreoable number of times dont know if it helped but it seemed to
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
bradr wrote:dont have other 120 this is my first

Then try to level another char and use him/her to farm to see the difference.

Btw, where are your main farming spots? Try D-TA, Cows, Duncraig, Nihlathak temple... Kill D-Baal, he has a chance to drop 3 SUs.

bradr wrote:and my MF is way over 600% for my merc and 300 for my pc merc makes 90% of kills anyways and i use lotsda greater greed potions

afaik, MF has diminishing returns, so going over 300%MF is worthless. It's good that your merc also has %mf but don't use greed potions if u've already equipped yourself with enough %mf.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
iamq1803 wrote:
bradr wrote:dont have other 120 this is my first

Then try to level another char and use him/her to farm to see the difference.

Btw, where are your main farming spots? Try D-TA, Cows, Duncraig, Nihlathak temple... Kill D-Baal, he has a chance to drop 3 SUs.

bradr wrote:and my MF is way over 600% for my merc and 300 for my pc merc makes 90% of kills anyways and i use lotsda greater greed potions

afaik, MF has diminishing returns, so going over 300%MF is worthless. It's good that your merc also has %mf but don't use greed potions if u've already equipped yourself with enough %mf.

d tA and nith chamber char is a great farmer like i said it seems to work now something about deleteing and making all the maX files and the map file regenerate seems to have fixed whatever random bug i was stuck in
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
iamq1803 wrote:play on /p8... and be patient.

Even numbers for players option are not useful if you want to reduce nodrop chance, p7 actually equal to p8.

iamq1803 wrote:afaik, MF has diminishing returns, so going over 300%MF is worthless.

It's not worthless to stack as much %MF as possible unless it affects your killspeed.

► Show Spoiler
As you can see, effective MF is not saturated at 300% total MF even for uniques.
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
SwineFlu wrote:Even numbers for players option are not useful if you want to reduce nodrop chance, p7 actually equal to p8.

This is true. I normally play on p7 (in SP ofc).

SwineFlu wrote:
iamq1803 wrote:afaik, MF has diminishing returns, so going over 300%MF is worthless.

It's not worthless to stack as much %MF as possible unless it affects your killspeed.

► Show Spoiler
As you can see, effective MF is not saturated at 300% total MF even for uniques.

Just my 2 cents :D Personally, I find that 300% is good for most builds to farm effectively.
If SP players play on p7/8, and want to stack as much %MF as possible, then killspeed will definitely suffer.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
players settings also has diminishing returns so it's probably best to stay at p3 and kill stuff faster
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
iamq1803 wrote:Just my 2 cents :D Personally, I find that 300% is good for most builds to farm effectively.
If SP players play on p7/8, and want to stack as much %MF as possible, then killspeed will definitely suffer.

A bunch of good crafted jewels with %MF modifier definitely won't hurt your killspeed. To be honest 300% from equipment and 250% from the elixirs is good enough for me too, I'm just saying it's not necessary to stop there.

Edit:
Gekko64 wrote:players settings also has diminishing returns so it's probably best to stay at p3 and kill stuff faster

There is a two different nodrop parameters in MXL: one is affected by players command (and real players count) while another is not, so it's not only about diminishing returns. For that reason players is not as good as it used in Vanilla.
Edited by SwineFlu 6 years.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Well, you should never farm on /players 8 because the amount of items that drops only increases with ever 2nd unpartied player in the game. If you‘re in a party you do get more items on players 8, but if you‘re alone, always farm at /players 7
Tyrael
Imp
4 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Does anyone here play single player? if so can you help me beat fautz on dest. im a 120 barb, and i dont do enough damage to get though efficiently at all im like a big turtle of defence, we can play a local ip game