Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
MrWhirlygig
Prowler
15 | 0
DreamTeam wrote:When upgrading my tier levels on unique items in the cube, do I just upgrade the tier? Simple enough which I've done a few times already. What confuses me is it says something about adding a rune to the recipe to reroll the stats. What does that mean? I thought the unique items automatically scale with higher stats as they go up in tiers? Or does re-rolling them give me a chance to roll a perfect item on the stats?

Also I appreciate all the in-depth help. Trying to read documents and such is difficult for me. I hate in other games with less friendly members than this community when people expect new players to learn things just by reading faqs. I learn more by playing the game and by receiving one-on-one help from other players. Thank you for being patient with me as I ask a lot of newbie questions.

I reached level 50 on my rat Druid. I was so excited to finish the level 1 challenge.
Now defeating Baal is going to be tough. Worldstone 2 is giving me some headaches.

Yes, adding a rune re-rolls the stats of the next higher tier. Without a rune, you are just increasing the defense or damage of the item, but none of the affixes. Always add a rune (although I am sure there are small instances where you wouldn't want to).
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
DreamTeam wrote:When upgrading my tier levels on unique items in the cube, do I just upgrade the tier? Simple enough which I've done a few times already. What confuses me is it says something about adding a rune to the recipe to reroll the stats. What does that mean? I thought the unique items automatically scale with higher stats as they go up in tiers? Or does re-rolling them give me a chance to roll a perfect item on the stats?

Also I appreciate all the in-depth help. Trying to read documents and such is difficult for me. I hate in other games with less friendly members than this community when people expect new players to learn things just by reading faqs. I learn more by playing the game and by receiving one-on-one help from other players. Thank you for being patient with me as I ask a lot of newbie questions.

I reached level 50 on my rat Druid. I was so excited to finish the level 1 challenge.
Now defeating Baal is going to be tough. Worldstone 2 is giving me some headaches.

Thats uptiering uniques:

Uptier Recipe (improved for uniques)

This recipe is an improved version of the generic uptier recipe. Not only is the item upgraded to the next higher tier, but the modifiers are replaced with those of the higher tier version of the unique. This is the preferred way to uptier uniques.

Unique non-sacred weapon/armor + Arcane Crystal + rune → reroll as next higher tier

Thats what we mean by rerolling tiered uniques, where you simple use same recipe as when you create tiered unique but this time just to get better modifiers stats on your current TU and keeping same tier:

Reroll any Item to Unique

This powerful recipe uses the reagents obtained by disenchanting other uniques to turn any tiered item of your choosing into a unique. But choose wisely, because the crystals are precious and costly to replace.

Any non-sacred item + Oil of Enhancement + Arcane Crystal x2 → reroll item as unique

Cube recipes descriptions are well written so check them out here Cube Recipes

Before Uptiering always check if you met next tier requirements on lvl and/or stats Tiered Uniques
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
If I have a tier 4 unique armor that I've been upgrading but kept it at level 18, because I didn't add the rune to the recipe, can I still add the rune and increase its level and strength requirements? Or did I already waste my chance at doing so?
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
DreamTeam wrote:If I have a tier 4 unique armor that I've been upgrading but kept it at level 18, because I didn't add the rune to the recipe, can I still add the rune and increase its level and strength requirements? Or did I already waste my chance at doing so?

yes, just add a rune to the next time you uptier and it will scale it to the correct stats, always use a rune.
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
How do I defeat Volrath the Vile to get the Harkon Crystal Gem?
Didn't know there was a level 5 thing to do. I saw it on an old thread.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
DreamTeam wrote:How do I defeat Volrath the Vile to get the Harkon Crystal Gem?
Didn't know there was a level 5 thing to do. I saw it on an old thread.

doesn't exist anymore
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
Helzopro wrote:
DreamTeam wrote:If I have a tier 4 unique armor that I've been upgrading but kept it at level 18, because I didn't add the rune to the recipe, can I still add the rune and increase its level and strength requirements? Or did I already waste my chance at doing so?

yes, just add a rune to the next time you uptier and it will scale it to the correct stats, always use a rune.

Or, if you find a tiered item that is lev 3, and your needing it to be lev 6, then you can bump it up to 5 without a rune, and just use the rune for the lev 6 if you are low on runes.
rambok
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Hi i'm trying to make Shark (Xis) now on Broad sword for wolf build :D

In fact, it's my first time making Xis RW. So i need advice.

And you know, it can not be unsocketed so.

What i want to know is making the best Xis RW in my first time.
What do i need to consider? Below is What i can think about.

1. oil of conjuration
2. orb
3. jewel
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
rambok wrote:Hi i'm trying to make Shark (Xis) now on Broad sword for wolf build :D

1. oil of conjuration
2. orb
3. jewel

Xis rune requires level 121. So unless your char is level 125, you can't orb it.
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
rambok wrote:Hi i'm trying to make Shark (Xis) now on Broad sword for wolf build :D

1. oil of conjuration
2. orb
3. jewel

Since it cannot be unsocketed, you need luck for a perfect roll :D