Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
minions res orbs: what res do they buff? do they include magic and physical res (dr%)?
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
void wrote:minions res orbs: what res do they buff? do they include magic and physical res (dr%)?

Its only fire/light/cold/poison iirc.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
VTMatt wrote:Crafting items with low level req:

From totemnecro guide: Boots: ilvl48+ Magical Crafted Boots (Sacred) - Socket Perfect O/B/T/A, Craft for +1 Necro Skills, 30-40% Minion Life and low required level (nothing higher than 50), MO %All Resist, %F/C/L/P Resist

I've been using sacred rare boots. Affix burn, then to magic, then to rare. Every time I shrine craft, they are level 88 req!

1) Should I be using a different set of recipes to prep my item to craft?
2) Can I reroll the same crafted item multiple times, or do I need a new 'base' item every time (I know I CAN do it, but with my ilvl goal in mind, is it better to get a new one each try?)
3) Is there an in-game way to view ilvl?

Thanks!

1) It all depends on your items ilvl, PlugY or stat reader can show you this. To get Nec skills on boots ilvl must be +48, that means there will propably be affixes that makes high lvl reqs. If you can live without nec skill do ZOMG recipe to get ilvl down to 1 and start crafting.

2) Crafting doesn't affect ilvl, recipes like magic to rare do.

3) Above mentioned programs and the place you found that item. Terror A4 starts to drop 96+ items and if you are playing SP you can "control" ilvl with Dragon rerolling and affix burn/magic to rare recipes.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I'm interested in knowing more about the Black Lotus Strike oskill--specifically:
1. What exactly is the deal with the listed damage output vs. actual damage output
2. Why does having Nova Charge active increase the listed damage?

Right now, I'm using some random ammy with +8 BLS, and nothing with +Poison Spell Damage (not sure if +PSD even affects BLS), or -Enemy Poison Resist. With +skills, BLS is +21, and both the skill description and the LCS list the damage output at 106k-132k over 23 seconds. I know listed Poison damage is always janky, but I'm kinda curious why, at least in my tests, it barely does any damage to normal, non-Poison-immune monsters--even after the full 23 seconds have elapsed.

I've played around with BLS before just to see what it does, but now I'm interested in knowing why it does what it does.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:I'm interested in knowing more about the Black Lotus Strike oskill--specifically:
1. What exactly is the deal with the listed damage output vs. actual damage output

Right now, I'm using some random ammy with +8 BLS, and nothing with +Poison Spell Damage (not sure if +PSD even affects BLS), or -Enemy Poison Resist. With +skills, BLS is +21, and both the skill description and the LCS list the damage output at 106k-132k over 23 seconds. I know listed Poison damage is always janky, but I'm kinda curious why, at least in my tests, it barely does any damage to normal, non-Poison-immune monsters--even after the full 23 seconds have elapsed.

I've played around with BLS before just to see what it does, but now I'm interested in knowing why it does what it does.

2. As a melee sorc (?) you propably invest a lot to dex, Nova Charge gives energy depending on your base dex.
And you should never use LCS to check dmg, any kind of dmg. BLS dmg increases with poison spell dmg, it's like Paladins Blood Thorns.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Jampula wrote:
Solfege wrote:I'm interested in knowing more about the Black Lotus Strike oskill--specifically:

2. As a melee sorc (?) you propably invest a lot to dex, Nova Charge gives energy depending on your base dex.
And you should never use LCS to check dmg, any kind of dmg. BLS dmg increases with poison spell dmg, it's like Paladins Blood Thorns.

:derp: Can't believe I forgot about Nova Charge's DEX to NRG conversion...

So how do you calculate actual damage on something like BLS?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote: :derp: Can't believe I forgot about Nova Charge's DEX to NRG conversion...

So how do you calculate actual damage on something like BLS?

I believe Suchbalances dmg calculator has BLS. I've never used that though, I prefer testing things out in the field. Like you did and if BSL is really as bad as you said I would look for another skill to use.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
VTMatt wrote:Crafting items with low level req:

From totemnecro guide: Boots: ilvl48+ Magical Crafted Boots (Sacred) - Socket Perfect O/B/T/A, Craft for +1 Necro Skills, 30-40% Minion Life and low required level (nothing higher than 50), MO %All Resist, %F/C/L/P Resist

I've been using sacred rare boots. Affix burn, then to magic, then to rare. Every time I shrine craft, they are level 88 req!

1) Should I be using a different set of recipes to prep my item to craft?
2) Can I reroll the same crafted item multiple times, or do I need a new 'base' item every time (I know I CAN do it, but with my ilvl goal in mind, is it better to get a new one each try?)
3) Is there an in-game way to view ilvl?

Thanks!

Affix burn doesn't fuck enough with the ilvl - you need the zomg recipe for that or charsi imbue with a low level character. Pluggy on single player shows you the ilvl. On realm you have to guesstimate. Everything that drops after terror river of flames is bound to be ilvl 99. Charsi imbue is player lvl+4 (?) On all difficulties.
Edited by Nitz 7 years.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nitz wrote:On realm you have to guesstimate.

D2Stat Reader shows ilvl now.
VTMatt
Invader
9 | 0
Thanks for the help with my crafting question! (I have plugy on, but I had the displayilvl feature off until now! :facepalm: )

So it sounds like my options for crafting sacreds are:
1) Roll at high lvl (since sacreds will always drop with high ilvl)
2) Roll at ilvl 1 (ZOMG)
3) Roll at exactly ilvl 40/60/80/100 using dragon egg reroll+craft

Looks like I'll hunt some a3 Hatred dragon eggs to roll lvl 60 boots!