Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Sarcinda
Cultist
20 | 1
I just beat Tran Athulua, but I'm curious to know how many more level restricted things there are in Median XL so that I do not level beyond that point and miss out. I read in the documentation that there is Tran Athulua at level 50 and another one at either 80 or 90 (I forget). Are there any other level restricted things that I should be concerned about while leveling? I want to make sure I take time out to do them.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Sarcinda wrote:I just beat Tran Athulua, but I'm curious to know how many more level restricted things there are in Median XL so that I do not level beyond that point and miss out. I read in the documentation that there is Tran Athulua at level 50 and another one at either 80 or 90 (I forget). Are there any other level restricted things that I should be concerned about while leveling? I want to make sure I take time out to do them.

Ennead Challenge (Max Clvl 80)
https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/ennead

Level Challenge 2 (Max Clvl 90)
https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/levelchallenge2

There are no more level-restricted events after that.
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
mortimer_85 wrote:I played around with EF and SF items a bit. Tried to find the optimal stat distribution for my UHC to gain as much SD bonus as possible (the sum of EF and SF bonus).
Is it intended that the sum of SF and EF bonus is capped at 200%? I always thought that you gain extra SD from SF, even if your EF part is capped already...

I think it depends on the spell synergy to what. If its synergy to energy like flamefront, it use EF + NRG. If its treedruid flame spell(I forget the skillname), it usr STR +SF.

Open the skilltree and read the synergy section. Its the "(energy/strength): x to spell damage" iirc.
Vrathmar
Cultist
23 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Sprow wrote:you cant reroll rare items anymoar
you can . with the rare downlevel recipe . just that the stats on the items will not be so godly due to the low ilvl . however you can't use it for rolling jewels , rings or amulets .

In the current season only you can reroll rare sacred equipment other than jewellery using arcane shards without downleveling and hence get good rolls.
KonohaArcan
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi, if I create new char in current median version, will I be able to play it on Sigma update?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
KonohaArcan wrote:Hi, if I create new char in current median version, will I be able to play it on Sigma update?

Short answer:
No.

Longer answer:
With normal patch/content updates, characters are usually transferable. But with core updates, they're not. Sigma will use a new core/engine, so characters created using the current core won't be compatible. Core updates are pretty rare, though.
Rodey
Skeleton
3 | 0
Was jewelry removed from gambling npcs? I'm new to the game and the older guides mention gambling rings/ammys, but npcs don't seem to have it.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yes, it was removed. You can now only drop it, but rare items was set to drop more frequently in Median XL 2017 1.0
Rodey
Skeleton
3 | 0
Somewhat of a follow up, if I'm trying to get an Empyrean Band from the cube recipe, is there an ideal clvl to limit the possible outcomes?
Sarcinda
Cultist
20 | 1
Is there any way to clear all Mystic Orb bonuses so that I can reset my item to it's normal stats and required level? I'm trying to clear out the MO's I put on my uniques and honorifics so that I can MO it with other stuff instead.