Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
AzraelSorrow
Destroyer
7 | 0
Slight issue. First time ever trying out Median XL. Redownloaded D2, copied the files from the zip file given by this site into the D2 folder as the read me said to do, installed the Median XL launcher, but when I run the launcher, it just has this spinning loading image near the bottom right and nothing happens. I've let it sit there about 30 minutes now with no change.

Also, if I try running the game without the Median XL launcher I get the following error:

Halt
Expression: Unrecoverable internal error 0051c82e
Splargh
Grubber
320 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
the docs say that acid fiends (using poison flash) is the only summon inheriting your characters poison spell damage. But does it also inherit my -enemy poison resistance?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Splargh wrote: does it also inherit my -enemy poison resistance?
no
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
AzraelSorrow wrote:Slight issue. First time ever trying out Median XL. Redownloaded D2, copied the files from the zip file given by this site into the D2 folder as the read me said to do, installed the Median XL launcher, but when I run the launcher, it just has this spinning loading image near the bottom right and nothing happens. I've let it sit there about 30 minutes now with no change.

Also, if I try running the game without the Median XL launcher I get the following error:

Halt
Expression: Unrecoverable internal error 0051c82e

Try reinstalling a clean D2 from scratch outside of the Program Files folder. Then install the launcher in the same folder and run it (don't manually copy stuff over, the launcher takes care of this on its own).
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
he fixed it already. he forgot to install the LOD part of the game
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey guys, is there still a different drop rate in SP vs MP? I'm not sure if I want to continue on realm because I don't have a lot of time to play and feel I've not gotten a complete experience after one season (ideally having played through most of the content with every char).
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Muilpeer wrote:Hey guys, is there still a different drop rate in SP vs MP? I'm not sure if I want to continue on realm because I don't have a lot of time to play and feel I've not gotten a complete experience after one season (ideally having played through most of the content with every char).

Yes there is. Drops are higher on SP.
dongflexer
Bone Archer
77 | 8
What does Detonate proc do?
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
dongflexer wrote:What does Detonate proc do?

Casts detonate
wilitrix
Imp
5 | 0
Hey guys, I have a Shrine Crafting Question.... in the Shrine Crafting Guide, it states that a shrine placed with any items returns that item (crafted) with the shrine minus one charge, as shown here:
However upon attempting to cube a pair of set boots with a shrine, the recipe does nothing. Is there a way to shrine craft with unique and set items, or is it limited to rares as the shrines seem to suggest by their in game text?

Thanks!