Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
How do you farm K3K with a Quill Rat..... It's bad enough everything's immune, but then you can't even target the totem.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
use thorn field for totems or lay egg traps near them.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
xXPPGGXx wrote:Does Deathlord Morph from Necro has a Blockanimation or does it use Fhr animation for block?

I believe it has a block animation, but its very similar to hit recovery animation? It will be noticeable if you are trying to pick up block in early game. I think I ran into this issue once, but perhaps Im wrong
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
mortimer_85 wrote:use thorn field for totems or lay egg traps near them.

It's "Thorn Wall", but tanking all of those skeleton mages isn't ideal.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
Chika01 wrote:[
Here's what my version of the game looks like
And there is no function " Open the entire map"

Sorry about the delay, I was sleeping. Anyway, the map reveal function is in-game, not in the launcher. In act 3, it is accessed by talking to Meshif, the sailor who brought you to Kurast, and choosing the 'reveal map' function in the menu that appears.

I'm not sure if I'm reading your launcher image correctly, but mine is labeled Median 2017 1.3.2, and yours is labeled 'version XVI'. When was the last time you updated it? You might be using an old version of the mod, though even so, lacking plot-relevant dungeons seems like a really strange bug.
ronamo95
Skeleton
2 | 0
I've been watching a few videos about median xl and I've noticed some players have something that makes uniques pop up in the top left corner am I missing something here?
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ronamo95 wrote:I've been watching a few videos about median xl and I've noticed some players have something that makes uniques pop up in the top left corner am I missing something here?

It's a dropfilter, you can download it by going GAME -> TOOLS and downloading D2stats reader.
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Do Paladin Vessels trigger any procs? Like on kill? Also, what happened to the old medianxl.com website? It had a lot of good information, including the answer to my current question, but the website doesn't work anymore.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
tempmail wrote:Do Paladin Vessels trigger any procs?
just those "when your enemy is slain" . you may find a few in the SU list
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:
tempmail wrote:Do Paladin Vessels trigger any procs?
just those "when your enemy is slain" . you may find a few in the SU list

Soooo.. there is a difference between on kill, and when slain? The different wording used to describe things in Median should be in the 'documentation' area.

Like, it took me a while to find out that some (Different) things happen when an enemy is killed using a sword or a bow/javelin or a spell, such as the Paladin's wyrms killing something, or even if your summons kill something.

"Life Steal" works with a melee weapon or even shooting an arrow, but not when you shoot a freeze or fire spell... stuff like this.

A basic run-down of grammar and game mechanics please? I'd offer but I don't understand many of them still. And, it needs to be in 'noob' language, assuming someone is just walking into the game. So many times I read an explanation, then say 'ok, but what does that mean?'

Plus, how many times does someone say 'do i get the merc magic find added to my magic find?' This again would be great info in documentation!

(I just noticed that the 'documentation' page is down. Must be some updates going on eh?)